Summary: Hunters have buck fever I think Christians should have Soul fever.
Buck Fever or Soul Fever Romans 10 :1
After searching through the store to buy camo I soon learned why I don’t hunt or fish a shirt silky felt so good $78. A pair of Camo pants $85 I thought well, maybe I will see what one of those nice lookin little guns would cost. The cheapest gun I found cost $450 and it was not even 8 inches long I can only imagine what a rifle would cost since they are much bigger. To spend that kind of money yea, you really must have buck fever. LOL! Yes it really cost something to have buck fever.
First duty of the Hunter is to have a Deep Desire I think it is called Buck Fever
A. Some hunt as a result of necessity Putting meat in the Freezer
B. Some Hunt out of Passion just for the Hunt the thrill of the hunt
C. Some Hunt because you desire to get a convert like the Chevy commercial A man and His truck a Son who would rather play computer games, a mountain, a valley, a river, a forest, and stars and a new convert. A Father and his Son.
D. Some loved to share their stories about the size of the Bucks the spread of the antlers the gage of between the points
1. Hunters have Buck Fever I think Christians should have Soul Fever because of Hell
A. Soul Fever begins with a Deep Desire like the Great Apostle Had
Romans 101Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they
may be saved
B. Soul Fever causes one to Pray for Lost souls my heart’s desire and prayer
• Why does Paul pray so intensely for lost souls He knows it is his responsibility?
• Perhaps he heard what the Prophet Ezekiel said .When I say to a wicked man, `thou shall surely die,' and thou givest him not warning nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life , the same wicked man shall die in his inequity but with his blood I will require at thine hand. Ezk 3:18
C. Paul has Soul Fever because he knows lost souls will find Hell to be an eternal Reality for the damned
• Job says hell is like a Pit Job calls hell a place of no return the land of gloom and deep shadow Isaiah calls Hell a place of terrors
• Matthew claims hell is a broad road and many go in there at
• Matthew also says hell is a Day of recking Matt 13"49 The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
D. Paul refers to Hell as a place of the Non Presence of God NO hope No mercy No cry will be heard 2 thes 1:. 8He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power. We need to have Soul Fever Church
2. Why should we have Soul Fever?
A. Because without Christ souls are Dead and death will be cast into the lake of fire Jesus’s soul fever caused him to Travel to wilderness places he would be tempted by Satan 40 days and 40 nights
• Jesus had soul fever that cause him to interact with unchurched society such as Prostitutes, Tax collectors, Lepers, Demoniacs like Mary Magdalene who had 7 demons, and legion, The fields are white and ready for harvest
• Jesus had such Soul Fever He would go into Storms and calm them He would heal women of blood issues which would desecrate him
• Jesus had such Soul Fever he would go and Preached the Gospel Matthew says 23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom
• Jesus had Soul Fever so much he brought Life to people. John says, 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
• Jesus Had so much Soul Fever that He would Give Light to those walking in darkness, He would die for sinners, he would purge our sins, He would baptize us with The Holy Spirit and Fire
• He had so much soul fever his life would be poured out 20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. "
. G. He had such a Soul Fever he would become the Passover Lamb . Corinthian
says For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Confess with thy mouth Jesus is Lord and believe God