Summary: Take from Proverbs 9:1-6. How The Great Wisdom (Jesus Christ) builds His house.
BUILDING A CHURCH:
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Building a church must be divided into 2 sections:
2. Building upon foundation
There must be no other foundation than Lord Christ Jesus.
But what we build upon the foundation is UP TO US, of course with all the consequences that we must receive.
Proverbs 9:1-6, gives us hints for what must we do to build a building upon the foundation of Jesus Christ.
Wisdom (Jesus Christ) has build a house (His Church):
1) Seven pillars of Church (v.1)
2) God’s sacrifice become our sacrifice (v.2)
3) Wine of communion (v.2)
4) Table of provision (v.2)
5) Maidens of evangelism (v.3)
6) Stand on the high places of testimony (v.3)
7) Preach the Good News (v.4)
- Rest for the simple ones (v.4)
- Good news about acceptance in Christ Jesus for the foolish of this world (v.4)
- Jesus’ sacrifice for whole world (v.5)
- About The Truth and righteousness which bring life and understanding (v.6)
Seven Pillars of the Church, based on Revelation 2 and 3:
1. Church of Ephesus: Pillar of love (agape)
2. Church of Smyrna: Pillar of testimony (marturia)
To be a witness we must FULL of:
- (F)aith (Heb. 11:2, 4, 5)
- (U)nity (John 17:23)
- (L)ight (Matt 5:14-16)
- (L)ove (John 13:34-35)
3. Church of Pergamos: Pillar of perseverance/endurance/faithful (pistos)
4. Church of Thyatira: Pillar of repentance (metanoia)
5. Church of Sardis: Pillar of holiness (hagios)
6. Church of Philadelphia: Pillar of ministry and servanthood (diakonia)
7. Church of Laodecia: Pillar of fellowship (koinonia)
- Fellowship: sharing life ( 1 John 1:1-4 )
- Fellowship in light ( I John 1:7 )
- Fellowship as a church ( 1 Cor 1:10 )
- Fellowship: serving life ( I Cor 3:9 )