Summary: God clearly mentions the punishment, so that we stay away from such wickedness...
Burn it! Part 2
Leviticus 20:14”If a man marries a woman and her mother, it is wickedness. They shall be burned with fire, both he and they, that there may be no wickedness among you.”
Though Leviticus may not be one of your much loved book but still it holds some extremely important laws for us, especially chapter twenty is the repetition of the previous chapters but still here there are punishments clearly tagged along with the abominable sins, sins that I just cannot talk of or write: it shocks you. God clearly mentions the punishment, so that we stay away from such wickedness, well, I just want to expound on the above verse:
Leviticus 20:14”If a man marries a woman and her mother, it is wickedness. They shall be burned with fire, both he and they, that there may be no wickedness among you.” While in the previous scriptures, He says, ‘put them to death or cut them off from his people’ but here we see a clear instruction to burn them all with fire! There are other things, which also are wicked and not to be done, but this is extremely wicked, wickedness to a high degree, a man living with the wife and the mother, hence the Lord says, ‘burn them all, so that there may be no wickedness among you.’ Did you observe the word ‘burn’ here? He wants that curse and wickedness to be wiped away! I have especially picked this scripture to reveal the heart of God in burning the sins and thereby wiping it away thoroughly. God is not interested in you being partially holy, He wants you 100 % holy! Work on it!
BURN THE IDOLS and everything connected to idol worship:
Deuteronomy 7:25 says:”You shall burn the carved images of their gods with fire; you shall not covet the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it; for it is an abomination to the LORD your God.”
I have a reason to elaborately mention every minute details, because be warned, curses remain if we do not do a thorough cleansing. Burn everything connected with idols. Especially the new converts, listen! Just let me mention a few things below that would help you cleanse your life:
• Astrology papers to be burnt, especially those connected with your children – surrender your children into the hands of God and dedicate them in the church (not baptism) never follow earlier practices. The Bible warns us in Leviticus 18:3,4:
• According to the doings of the land of Egypt, where you dwelt, you shall not do; and according to the doings of the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you, you shall not do; nor shall you walk in their ordinances.
• You shall observe My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am the LORD your God.
• Remove gold and silver that is connected with idol worship - the toe rings and everything that is attached to the demon rituals.
Let me mention another incident in the Bible that makes you shiver each time you read, who is that man? ACHAN!
• Joshua 7:24 “Then Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, the silver, the garment, the wedge of gold, his sons, his daughters, his oxen, his donkeys, his sheep, his tent, and all that he had, and they brought them to the Valley of Achor.”