Summary: How do we give our heavy burdens to Christ?
Bury Your Burdens
Have you ever had a terrible day? Just when you thought things could not get any worse it does. You learn quickly that things could always be worse but you’re not sure how.
Top ten signs it’s going to be a bad day
10. Your twin sister forgets your birthday
09. You see a "60 Minutes news team" waiting in your office.
08. You turn on the TV news and they’re displaying emergency routes out of your city.
07. You open the paper and find your name in the obituaries.
06. You have an appointment in 10 minutes and you just woke up
05. You get pulled over by the swat team because you look like a person on America’s Most Wanted.
04. You call suicide prevention and they put you on hold.
03. You have Friday work department meeting in 10 minutes and you just woke up. You rush to work and realize its Saturday.
02. Your horn goes off accidentally and remains stuck as you follow a highway patrol in a funeral procession.
01. You go to church hoping for a word of encouragement and the fill-in Pastor is reading top ten signs it’s going to be a bad day.
We all have had some not so good days. We all have had some days that will confirm Murphy’s Laws. We all have had some terrible days. But only you have experienced the most horrible, terrible, worst day in your life day. 1
Everyone experiences some disappointments. Problems and difficulties are a part of life. Jesus knows the very problem some times that we go through. For every burden that we bare we are to take them to Him in prayer. Listen to the words of Jesus again. Matthew 11: 28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Let’s pray
We all have difficulties and problems that will knock us down on our knees at various times. The question we must ask ourselves is what can we do with these burdens that so heavily weigh us down? Sometimes we allow little things to pile up and before we know it the little thing becomes a big thing.
Jesus gives us a plan of deliverance if we will just follow through. The first thing we need to do is:
1. Come to Jesus. 28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest
Jesus gives us the invitation to come to Him. The plan that Jesus has is so simple that many times we think it will not work for me. We have no problem in giving encouragement to others who are facing difficulties but when it’s us facing trials then it becomes unbearable. We must have a come to Jesus meeting.
What are we to do when we are burdened down? Jesus tells us to come to Him. The first thing we must do is to come.
A. Present self to Jesus
Jesus wants us to come directly to him. I know of various religious faiths that teach their parishioners to come present their needs to the Priest.
I am of the opinion that if you can go directly to the individual you are mostly likely to get the better results.