Summary: The question everyone asks is “Can a Christian have demons within their body and soul or influencing them?” I saw many people influenced by demons in local churches. I’m not speaking of demonic possessions here, that is another subject. When a person com
CAN A CHRISTIAN HAVE DEMONS?
The question everyone asks is “Can a Christian have demons within their body and soul or influencing them?” The answer is absolutely YES, but most Christians cannot comprehend that and think this is heresy. At the Bible School we learn that a Christian cannot have demons, but as I started to serve the Lord in a local Church I realized that this theology ignores the reality and it is inaccurate. I saw many people influenced by demons in local churches. I’m not speaking of demonic possessions here, that is another subject. When a person comes to Christ the Holy Spirit will help the person to be free from demonic influences, however there are many Christians that open doors to the devil and demons will come into their life. Jesus was speaking to some Pharisees and they where offended with him.
33 They answered him, We are Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how is it that you say, You shall be made free?
36 If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
We need to know that the will of God is that we will be free from any demonic activity. Jesus Christ is the only way that someone can be free indeed.
A. SYMPTOMS OF DEMONIC ACTIVITY IN CHRISTIANS
There is a good test a born again Christian can use to determine if there is a possibility demons are within or attached. If you are struggling with certain things like: Anger, lust, pornography, fears, rage, depression, hurts, unforgiveness, grief, guilt, bitterness, hate/hatred, nightmares, etc.
1. This list goes and you have done everything you know to crucify the flesh but you never get the victory, and then look for demons behind the problem(s) preventing you from getting the victory.
2. You probably are saying, “I have prayed to God for deliverance and victory, other people have prayed for me, I go to church regularly, and I am accountable to a pastor, yet the problem(s) never end(s).” If you have done all of that and have tried to crucify the flesh daily, the root may be demonic and I would go to someone who can deal with this activity to determine if it is demonic including generation spirits and curses. You have very little to lose if it is not demonic. If it is demonic, you must first get rid of all of your pride, doubt and disbelief about Christians not having problems with demons.
3. Just simply say to yourself that you don’t know if there are demon spirits within you or influencing you, but if there are, you want them out. No one can deliver you if you do not believe they can be there. All we want a person to do is say, “I don’t know if there are any demons in me but if there are I want them out.” Then we can work with the person. To get demons out, all of the legal right that keeps them there must be broken including dealing with unforgiveness from the heart and not the head, generational curses must be broken, the occult and witchcraft must be dealt with if present, and the person must renounce and repent of any practice of sin such as lustful activities. The person must want to be set free and agree to stay committed to a church, pastor and prayer warrior friend to stay set free.
B. GENERATIONAL PROBLEMS
1. One way to examine yourself for demonic oppression is to compare your problems with the areas in your parents, uncles, aunts, and grandparents, that you know they never got the victory over. You will discover you are basically struggling with the same or some of the same problems.
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree:
2. The Curse of the Law in Deuteronomy still applies today. The Curse of the Law did not go away after Jesus came. We have to deal with this God’s way by repenting of the sins and iniquities of our fathers at least ten generations back, then put them under the blood of Jesus according to Galatians 3:13. You may have already done that but you still have the same problems.
3. Just breaking the curses does not get any demons out that are involved. You just destroyed the right of the demons to be there but they are still there. That is why all of your crying out to God for deliverance has done nothing to get you set free. Jesus has done all for you He is going to do. He will not deliver you simply because you pray. He died on the cross for your sins, took upon Himself all of your sicknesses and diseases and He became a curse of the law for you.