Summary: WHEN WE ARE PERSUADED, WE WILL WORK.
Title: Can I Persuade You Of Anything
Intro: This week Pastor Quintin and I were making some hospital visits. We were on the elevator when it stopped on the second floor, and a pharmaceutical salesman stepped on. The man hearing my sniffles because of my allergies turned and looked at me and asked me a question I had never been asked, “Can I persuade you of anything?” All of a sudden I felt the Holy Spirit rush through me as I began to tell the man that, “Yes you can, you can persuade me that Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He is the one and only risen Savior.” As we left the hospital I felt the Spirit of God all over me again as I began to think all week long about the question this unsuspecting salesman posed. Can I persuade you of anything today?
I. Jesus Is Lord
1. This world needs to be persuaded that Jesus is the son of God, that he came to Earth to set men free from their debt of sin
2. Jesus is the son of God, and it is through His shed blood that we receive atonement for our sins
- His deity his shown by:
· His virgin birth
· His sinless life
· His miracles
· His death on the cross
· His resurrection from the dead
· His exaltation to the right hand of God
3. God Himself told the world that Jesus was his Son
4. There are those that would reject the idea of Jesus being Lord;
- They have heard but refused Him
· The Rich young ruler ask “what must I do to have eternal life?”
· King Agripa said of Paul, “Almost you have persuaded me to be a Christian
II. Jesus Cares For You
1. Many times this is the hardest idea for us to accept
2. We can see nothing but a God of impending judgment
- We understand salvation
- But we fell that to have a God that we can go to would be an imposition upon Him, after all he is so busy.
- We must realize that He is a God of Love that desires to be a part of our life
- He enjoys it when we call upon on Him
3. We must learn to trust in His power to meet our needs.
ILL. Is Anyone Up There?
A man named Jack was walking along a steep cliff one day when he accidentally got too close to the edge and fell. On the way down he grabbed a branch, which temporarily stopped his fall. He looked down and to his horror saw that the canyon fell straight down for more than a thousand feet. He couldn’t hang onto the branch forever, and there was no way for him to climb up the steep wall of the cliff. So Jack began yelling for help, hoping that someone passing by would hear him and lower a rope or something. “HELP! HELP! Is anyone up there? HELP!