Summary: The sermon shares there are many flu bugs going around this season, but at the birth of Jesus there were some viruses going around to, these viruses were all good such as, humility, the feeling of God is Awesome, considering what the Lord hath done, and t
Catch the Virus : Luke 1:39-55.
During this time of the year for whatever reason the flu bug has been getting many down with stomach viruses, flu symptoms, and breathing problems. Consider some the Virus's that went around during the days leading up to the birth of Jesus and beyond:
1. Elizabeth had caught the Humility Virus she was glad Mary was highly favored
• 42In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!
2. Mary also got a Virus I call it “God Is Awesome Virus”.
• Mary is not without emotions or lacking in interest, but in awe that so much so, she burst out in song.
• 46And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord 47(God is Awesome) and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me-- holy is his name.
3. Mary caught several Virus's one was she was infected by the Presence of Appreciation
• Look at the overwhelming episodes of appreciation:
• She makes haste or hurries to Judea (some 60 miles south of Nazareth)Where she can't wait to tell or share her story
• Mary says, "my soul glorifies the Lord" you talk about the flu bug well Mary really got it.
• She is saying her soul (inner being)
• Applauds the Lord, Approves of the Lord, Acclaims the Lord, her soul Admires the Lord,
• Her soul Elevates the Lord, and her soul Advocates (supports) the Lord
4. Mary has another virus I call "look what the Lord hath Done"
A. Mary says the Lord hath considered her
• 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.
B. Mary continues to say The Lord hath made me Special all are special
• From now on all generations will call me blessed, 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me-- holy is his name.
C. Mary says the Lord hath done me Plenteous of Mercy
• 50His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
D. The lord hath done or moved his mighty ARM A figurative description of God's powerful acts
• 51He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts
E. The Lord hath lifted up or encouraged the misfortune-ed ones
• 52He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble. 53He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty. 54He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful
5. This season has plenty of Viruses I pray today we find the Christmas season contagious with
• Enjoyment no matter what is going on
• I pray we be infected with Hope and Belief of Jesus the reason for the season
• I pray this Christmas all receive the present of unity
• I pray all receive the gift of joy peace and good will toward all mankind