Summary: Shows the cause of conflict and how to solve conflict in our lives
Cause and Solution to Conflict
(KJV) “...For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.”
(Message Bible) “You’re in charge!”
“You can do anything you want!”
“You’re ablaze in beauty!”
1. When we pray this prayer, we are, at least verbalizing, that all things belong to God.
2. Two facts that we should Remember.
a. There is a God.
b. You/I are not God.
3. We have conflict when we begin to vie for “the kingdom, the power, and the glory.”
a. Conflict with God when we do not want to give Him the kingdom, the power, and the
b. Conflict with each other as we desire the kingdom, the power, and the glory.
c. Conflict in our homes as family members compete for the kingdom, the power, and the
4. Notice how the Message Bible states this part of the Lord’s prayer. “You are in charge!
You can do anything you want!, and You’re ablaze with beauty!”
a. Note Mat 6:10 “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”
and the Message Bible says it like this: “Do what’s best--as above, so below.”
b. Here in these verses is found the key to conflict, and the key to the solution.
1. To have conflict, then desire your/my own way.
2. To put an end to conflict, then give the kingdom, power, and glory to God.
I. Let us look at the beginning of Conflict
A. Lucifer’s Conflict with God
Note: What was the cause?
Note: He wanted the kingdom, power, and glory that was God’s, and that is still the cause of
1. Scripture References
12) Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13) Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14) Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15) Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16) By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17) Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18) Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19) All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
12) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14) I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
2. Let us put these two Scriptures together and see if we can understand what happened
a. Let us notice how he was before he sinned
1. Full of Wisdom
2. Perfect in Beauty
3. In the Garden of God (in the presence of God)
4. Every precious stone was his covering
5. He was the anointed cherub that covered
6. He was upon the holy mountain of God
7. He walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire
8. He was perfect in his ways from the day he was created
b. Let us see what happened to Lucifer.
Note: Remember, we said conflict comes as we compete over the kingdom, power, and glory,