Summary: Christian Education Sunday We honor all our Sunday School Teachers and workers today. More then 1 million were in Sunday School this morning in our Assembly of God Churches. 120,000 volunteers.
Christian Education Sunday
We honor all our Sunday School Teachers and workers today.
More then 1 million were in Sunday School this morning in our Assembly of God Churches. 120,000 volunteers.
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
The first five books of the Old Testament are referred to as the “Books of the Law”
· Moses stood on a platform given by God and declared the Word of the Lord. He said, “Hear O Isreal”.
· Just as God gave Moses the Ten Commandments he gave him the law.
· They were not suggestions but you would be put to death if they were disobeyed.
David’s success did not happen because he was a man of war– He became a man of war because he was teachable.
· Over 40 times in the book of Psalms David referred to being taught.
· Psalm 25
4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
· Psalm 86
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
There is something about teaching.
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
When Jesus was on earth how did He minister?
· By yelling and spiting on all those that heard His Word?
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
23 And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching,
· What was the last think Jesus commanded? “The Great Commission”
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Charles Barkley grew up in Alabama. He went to Auburn University on a Basketball Scollarship. He was drafted in the 1st round by the Philadelphia 76ers and played 15 seasons in the NBA. We was one of the most recognized players in the NBA. A 10 time All-Star.
· NIKE released a commercial with Charles Barkley. He stated, “I am not a roll-model.”
· That is the attitude of most people today. They can do what ever they want to do. Say whatever they want to say. Abuse their body anyway they wish. No accountability.
· I HAVE A REVELATION FOR YOU TODAY. We are all teachers wither we want to admit it or not.
· People around us pick up on our habits and conduct.
· There are people in this church that look up to you and watch your actions and if your attitude is you don’t care, you’ll come to church when you want to. You’ll pay your tithes when it’s covenant. That is exactly the attitude our next generation will have.