Summary: THE BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE RAGES. WILL YOU BE A WINNER OR LOSER.
Title: Champions in Life
Text: I Cor. 9:24 & 25
Intro: The life that we live is a daily battle. It has been said that it is o.k. To lose a battle as long as you win the war. But in the war for my soul I am not satisfied to bearley make it, I want to be successful without a question. When I get to heaven I don’t want some angel trying to count pregnant chads to see if I made it or not. What does it take to win and be a champion in life?
I – Preparation; II – The Battle; III – The Victory.
I. The Preparation:
1. There is No Easy Way
A. We live in a world of doing it the easy way
- Dream a way 40lbs in 8 weeks, just 29.95
- Learn to play the piano in 4 weeks, just 3 easy payments of 19.95
B. In war there is no easy way, it is fight or surrender, victory or defeat.
ILL. 1976 Indiana University won NCAA National Title. When interviewed about their success, coach Knight said, “the will to succeed is important but what is more important is the will to prepare”
C. Jesus told parable of 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins. The foolish lost out simple because they did not prepare.
- They were virgins
- They had an invitation
- They had the wedding garment
- But they were not prepared for the groom
2. There is a Price to Pay (not talking about Salvation)
- Paul told Timothy to “endure hardness…”
- Paul told the Corinthians to “run that you might win”
B. For Commitment
- Much easier to give up than to go all the way for God.
- Being a Casual Christian is always easier than being a Committed Christian.
- Trouble always reveals commitment.
C. For Growth
- Pressure is applied to coal to make diamond
- God allows us to under go pressure to form us into something useful.
- A pot must be molded by a potter and then placed into the fire before it becomes what the potter desires it to be.
D. The Preparation Leads to Trust
- Joshua at Jericho had to trust battle plan of God
- Learned to trust God for food; water; clothes;
protection, while he was in the desert
II. The Battle;
1. Victory is only won by getting into the fight
A. Jer 48:10
10 cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
B. Fighting Satan is not an option.
C. You are either a missionary or a mission field.
2. You are not fighting alone.
A. David did not enter into that valley alone. The same God he had praised back home with the sheep was there to guide that rock to the perfect place.
B. Rom 8:37
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
C. Enter the Battle with an overcomer’s attitude.
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
D. Most wars are fought over a piece of ground.
- Israel today is still fighting over Jerusalem.
- Satan wants you; Your Joy; your peace; your zeal for God.
- He wants your family; your marriage; your kids
- He wants your neighbors and friends;
- We must get into the fight and say NO GROUND.
3. What is my battle, what is the fight?
A. To live a victorious life in Christ Daily.
B. To cover my family with the protecting power of Christ.
C. To fulfill the call on my life.
D. To lead others to His saving grace.
4. What are my weapons?
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
A. My weapons are:
- The Power of Prayer
- The Power Of Worship
- The Power of The Word
(It is Written)
- The Power Of The Holy Spirit of God in Me
( Greater works)
- The Power Of The Risen Lord
(That I May know Him)
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.