Summary: Change is a continual process that begins with renewing your mind. Change is an adding and a subtraction of things in our life. God has given us the power to change; and although it may be difficult and uncomfortable and unsettling at times, it will draw
· This morning, I want to talk about change. First, change is a good thing!
· Change is a continual process that begins with renewing your mind.
· Change is an adding and a subtraction of things in our life.
· God has given us the power to change; and although it may be difficult and uncomfortable and unsettling at times, it will draw us closer to God.
· When we don’t change, we become stagnant, unusable by God for His purposes.
· This morning, let us look to the scriptures and see what they say about change.
A. Change takes place by renewing our mind daily with the Word.
1. First, change is a process.
2. When we change, we alter, shift or make something different.
3. Change start with you.
a. Change begins with renewing your mind and altering the way you think to line up with God’s Word.
(NKJV) Romans 12 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
4. All the battles we face are in the mind. Change takes place when we place our mind or thinking on Jesus Christ.
5. Change can be a difficult process; however, it is necessary.
a. People love the result of change; however, they don’t always like the process.
6. Change may makes us feel unsettled, but don’t fear it.
B. Change involves adding and subtracting things from our life.
1. For change to happen, we must add and subtract things from our life.
a. God works through relationships (good or bad).
b. What relationships do you need to get out of your life?
c. Who do you need to allow into your life?
d. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is pure craziness.
i. Nothing will change unless you do something different.
2. You must put off the old man (how you used to be), and put on the new man (who you are in Christ).
(NKJV) Ephesians 4 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
a. Many Christians, try to keep the old and then put on the new; however, in order to experience change you must get rid of the old, and then add the new.
C. You can change.
1. God has given you the power to change.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 1 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
a. Power is the ability to change or get results.
i. The enemy will try to use your circumstances and emotions to make you think you don’t have power, but the Word says you do.
2. You do not have to fear being unable to change.
a. The power to change is within you.
D. To fulfill God’s will in our lives, we must change.
1. Four things we cannot change.
a. Other people
b. Your race
c. Your gender
d. God’s will
2. In order for change to take place, we must:
a. Want to change.
b. Stop waiting for someone else to initiate change.
c. Quit the excuses.
d. Take immediate action. Just do it!
e. View yourself as God see you.
f. Don’t live in your past.
g. Be open to the Holy Spirit.
h. Know what your purpose is in life and strive for it.
i. Not be afraid of losing what you have. God has better things in store for you.
j. Doubt the doubt.
k. Don’t stop dreaming.
· One constant in our lives should be change.
· As a Christian, we should not fear change. Change is a sign of growth.
· Change takes place by renewing our mind. We renew our mind on the Word of God.
· The battle of change is fought in the mind. We must set our mind on the thing of Christ Jesus.
· When we change, some things and people will be removed out of our life and other people and items will be added back in. Remember, God knows what He is doing.
· God have given you the power to change according to His Word. Just do it, don’t wait.
· Next week we will discuss how to change according to the Word of God.
· Let us pray!