Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ is the King of Kings, you must choose Him as your King.
Choose Your King Wisely!
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is the King of Kings, you must choose Him as your King.
I. Put your trust in God! v. 1-9
A. Human leaders have human limitations (1-3).
1. They have weakness of body.
2. They have weakness of human influence.
B. Earthly kingdoms seek human leaders (4-9).
1. They rejected divine authority (4-7).
2. They embraced the gods of this world (8-9a).
II. Heed the warnings of God. v. 10-18
A. God proclaims the consequences of bad choices (10-17).
1. Your family members will be enslaved by your choices.
2. Your property will be wasted on the altar of carnality.
B. God pronounces his rejection to your cry for help (18).
1. Don’t presume upon God’s mercy.
2. Don’t refuse to heed God’s Word.
III. Embrace the crucified King! v. 19-22
A. Obey the voice of God (19-20).
1. The Israelites wanted to be like the world.
2. The Israelites were tired of fighting battles.
B. Forsake the voice of the heathen (21-22).
1. God will hear your cry.
2. God will honor your heart’s desire.