Summary: The purpose of our salvation and commission is to produce fruits that will bring glory to God. Faithfulness in bearing fruits will attract the blessings of God and commendation, while unfruitfulness will attract the wrath of God and eternal condemnation.
CHOSEN FOR FRUITFUL LIVING
Study Text: John 15: 1 - 16
Joh 15:1 I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away. And every one that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now you are clean through the Word which I have spoken to you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
Joh 15:5 I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.
Joh 15:8 In this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you shall be My disciples.
Joh 15:9 As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; continue in My love.
Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
Joh 15:11 I have spoken these things to you so that My joy might remain in you and your joy might be full.
Joh 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 No one has greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Joh 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.
Joh 15:16 You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatever you shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it to you.
- In John, chapter 15, Jesus says that fruitfulness is a must. In fact, the theme of John 15 is that Jesus wants you and me to live fruitful lives!
- In verse #16, Jesus said, “16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.
- Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.” Then in verse #17, He simply said, “This is my command: Love one another.”
- When God speaks in His Word of a fruitful life, He means active, joyful mindsets. I.e.: “I am determined to do it!”
- The passage of Scripture that deals with the fruit of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22-23, is the premier passage on fruitful living.
- The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”
- We shall discuss the study under two sub-headings:
I. The Potentials for Fruitful Living
II. The Partern for Fruitful Living
I. The Potentials for Fruitful Living: