Summary: what does it mean to cleave unto the Lord?
2 kings 18.6 – to cleave unto the Lord
To cleave -> de- bak : to cling, stick, stay close, cleave, keep close, stick to, stick with, follow closely, join to, overtake, catch.
What does it mean to cleave unto the Lord?
1 We must not depart from Him (and departed not)(sur)
• Gen 2.24 – Adam was to cleave to each other.
o He had to forsake all others.
• Not to turn aside from his face.
• Not to remove ourselves from him.
• Not to reject who he really is.
2 We must follow Him (following him) (akh-ar)
• How we follow him shows how we believe.
• We must follow him in his word.
• We must follow him in death.
• We must follow him in deed.
3 We must keep his commandments (but kept his commandments) (mits-va)
• By obeying His voice (Gen26.5)
• By keeping His charge(Gen 26.5)
• By allowing Love to reign through faith (1 Tim 1.5)