Summary: There is a wardrobe that God has designed for every believer.
CLOTHES FROM THE KING’S WARDROBE
INTRODUCTION: There is a wardrobe for every believer which God Himself has designed and provided for our use. Are you wearing and fully utilizing the new clothes He has supplied?
I. GARMENT OF SALVATION
1. God had saved Gideon and was going to use him to save God’s people (v.36).
3. God sacrificed in type Jesus Christ when He killed what I believe was a lamb to make the garments:
b. Jesus was the Lamb Isaiah spoke of when he said, “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth”. Isaiah 53:7 (quickview)
d. Jesus was the Lamb that John the Baptist announced.
4. It is the holy garment of salvation we will one day wear to our wedding reception Rev. 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
II. GARMENT OF GOD’S SPIRIT (v.34)
1. The verb “came upon” literally means “to clothe with.”
2. God’s Spirit clothed Himself with Gideon in order to equip him to serve God’s people. Gideon was literally clothed with the Holy Ghost. Jesus said, John 14:12-14 (quickview)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
3. What an exchange—garments of fear, self, and unbelief for the garment of the Holy Ghost!
4. The experience of having the Holy Ghost come upon and live in a person is promised to EVERY believer. Acts 2:4 (quickview) 38,39 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.