Summary: Christianity, showing true Christianity in todays world.
"COME NOW, AND LET US REASON TOGETHER,"
A CALL TO CHRISTIAN SERVICE
By modest estimate, more than a quarter of the entire population of the Australia have professed an evangelical conversion experience.
William Iverson wryly observes that "A pound of meat would surely be affected by a quarter pound of salt.
If this is real Christianity, the ’salt of the earth,’ where is the effect of which Jesus spoke?"
What is real Christianity?
The Webster Comprehensive Dictionary states that a Christian is one
1. Professing or following the religion of Christ.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or his doctrine.
3. Manifesting the spirit of Christ or of his teaching.
4. Characteristic of Christianity or Christendom.
5. Colloquially: Human; civilised; decent
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on his teachings; a member of the Christian church
2. A disciple of Jesus of Nazareth; one whose profession and life conform to the example and teaching of Jesus.
Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbour.
What is the purpose of this message from the Lord?
What is the real thing? What does one whom professes to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour look like?
Isaiah 1:10-18 Hear the word of the Lord, You rulers of Sodom; Give ear to the law of our God, You people of Gomorrah:  "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the Lord. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats.  "When you come to appear before Me, Who has required this from your hand, To trample My courts?  Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies-- I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.  Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing them.  When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood.  "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil,  Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.  "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
IN VERSES 1-10 THE LORD DECLARES ISRAEL’S CONDITION
IN OUR TEXT THIS MORNING GOD IS CALLING FOR REPENTANCE AND COMMITMENT.
Listen to this message from the Lord.
This is his word to us this morning? V.11
What is the purpose of your sacrifices unto me says the Lord?
What is the purpose of what we are doing in the church?
What does a real Christian look like?
1. Is being a real Christian making sacrifice?
The Lord says to stop bringing those "futile sacrifices" into his house. Sacrifices alone are not the answer to this question.
2. Is being a real Christian coming to God’s house/Temple? The Lord says the calling of assemblies and solemn meetings are useless to me. They are meaningless to you and to me.
3. Is being a real Christian Keeping all the holidays, communion, and Baptisms? The Lord says the new moons and feasts trouble him because they are meaningless to you and to him.
4. Is being a real Christian Praying aloud and lifting up our hands? The Lord says that when we make many prayers he won’t hear, because our hands are full of blood. Our prayers have no meaning to us or to God.
REPENTANCE AND COMMITMENT TO REAL CHRISTIANITY IS THE ANSWER
A pastor was talking to a fellow about coming to church and he began to explain to the Pastor that he had broken down on a Sunday Morning within sight of a Church and the people on their way to God passed him by to go on into the house of the Lord.
THE LORD SAYS THAT WE HAVE MISSED HIM ON OUR WAY TO CHURCH. OUR CHURCH AND OUR SERVICES AND OUR PRAYERS HAVE BECOME OUR GOD.
OUR LIVES AND OUR LOVES ARE UNAFFECTED BY THE LORD WHO WE SAY WE WORSHIP. HAVE WE PASSED UP GOD TO GO TO THE CHURCH?
Here is the message of the Lord to his people who have ears to hear.
Listen to Him.
This is real Christianity?