Summary: The sermon is asking the redeemed of God to come out and share the Gospel and be the Gospel.
Colossians 3: 1-4
• God in history has been calling his people to come out of the closet
• 2 Chronicles 7:14if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
As we go into the New Year let us, as those redeemed by the blood of Christ come out of the closet for we have hidden our faith by silence about everything in the Christian world. Maybe we are quiet because we do not want to upset our social networks, or maybe because we have friends who do not know about faith in Christ and have no desire to know Him. I encourage us today no matter what our situation is, Christ calls us out of our silences, out of our closets.
1. First of all we want to Come out of the closet to do more
A. I will attend more Church events
B. I will be involved more in church event
C. I am going to give more to my church for the purpose of more events that might impact the lives of others.
2. Secondly we desire to Come out of the closet and be a real Man
A. Real men come out of the closet to
• 1 kings 2;2"I am about to go the way of all the earth," he said. "So be strong, show yourself a man, 3and observe what the LORD your God requires: Walk in his ways, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and requirements, as written in the Law of , Moses, so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go,
B. A real man is clay in the potter’s hands
C. Real Men put to death stuff such as
vs 5, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry
D. Real men put to death or rid themselves of the following :
• anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices
3. Thirdly come out of the closet because of the power of the Gospel. Many stay in their Closets. Is it because they are ashamed consider the power of the Gospel?
• Romans 1:16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile
4. Fourth reason we come out of the closet is to be what you are
A. Paul claims you are raised; it is an absolute not a possibility
, you have been raised with Christ vs 1
B. When he died you died 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
When he rose from the dead we rose from deadness.
D. When He got up we got Up
5. Fifth reason we come out of the closet is to be What God called us to be
• vs 12God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
6. Sixth reason we come out of the closet is to take off old self and put on new self-vs. 9