Summary: Jesus can bring dead things back to life!
Subtitle: Coming Back from the Dead
Scripture: Matthew 28:1-8
Theme: God can raise the dead.
Proposition: Given the choice between death and life, God chooses life!
1) Coincidence is God’s Way of Showing Up (28:1-3)
2) New Life Is Deadly (28:4)
3) Only the Dead Live in Tombs (28:5-8)
1) Coincidence is God’s Way of Showing Up
• Being in the right place at the right time is overrated.
• God doesn’t hide His presence from us.
• If God is shaking your world, then you better pay attention.
2) New Life Is Deadly
• When you are given new life, people around you can be scared and confused.
• Two spirits cannot exist in the same body, one must be removed (die).
3) Only the Dead Live in Tombs
• When you look for Jesus, you are going to encounter the unexpected.
• Jesus didn’t change the rules, He changed the outcome.
• The message of His resurrection was never meant to be contained.
• Confusion is natural when something changes your life.
• Be sure that you understand the urgency of new life.
• Jesus, the Final Days, N.T. Wright, pg. 100