Summary: Christians must be committed to declaring the Gospel to the lost
I. The Mission of the Saved - vs. 1-9
A. We must Glorify - vs. 1-2 - We will sing a different; a new song.
1. New Facts for our Singing
2. New Feelings for our Singing
3. New Friendship and that is why I am singing!
B. We must Go - vs. 3-6
1. The Declaration
a. His Glory
b. His Grace
C. We Must Give - vs. 7-9 -The Psalm now passes from Song to Sacrifice
1. A Giving of the World (O ye kindreds) that Recognizes His Greatness
2. A Giving of Willingness that Recognizes His Goodness - the offering refers to a free will offering! It is an offering that is given out of GRATITUDE
3. A Giving of Worship -
a. The People that Should Worship - vs. 7
b. The Person we Should Worship - vs. 8-9
1) The Object of Worship The Lord
2) The Obligation of Worship It is due
- VS. 8 His name
- VS. 9 the beauty or His apparel of Holiness
4. The Posture of our Worship - vs.9
II. The Message to be Declared - vs. 10-12
A. The Sovereignty of God
B. The Security of God - Rev 21:1
C. The Scrutiny of God - He will judge the people righteously - vs. 10
III. The Mandate to be Followed - vs. 13
A. The Coming of the Lord
1. The Certainty - "for he cometh" A "Verily, Verily!"
2. The Incarnation and Return -
B. The Conditions of His Judgment
1. His own Integrity - He will judge with Righteousness
2. His own Truth- The world will be judged based on what they did with
HIS TRUTH - Jesus is the TRUTH!
Conclusion: Jesus is coming. Jesus will judge; 1Ch 16:24, Ps 9:1, Re 15:3
Who will declare?
When we go, witness, pass out a tract - We are declaring.
When we give, to help send missionaries - We are declaring.
Disclaimer: A man once told me that if it is true, it is not new. If it is new, it is not true. We all know there is nothing new under the sun. With that said, I glean ideas for my sermons from God’s Word, my own thoughts and work, and many other sources. Any similarity to my sermons and others, where credit is not given, is either coincidental, or an unintentional mistake on my part. As none of us have a corner on the wisdom and teaching of God’s Word, it is my desire that any of my outlines be an encouragement, a help, and hopefully a motivation for others to preach God’s Word clearly. Please feel free to use any portion of my sermons if they can be of help to you and your ministry. I purposely include a skeleton outline, and not my full text, for this purpose. It is all for His Glory.