Summary: Communion thoughts
“Chosen, Blessed, Broken, Given”
Henri Nouwen/ 4 words Describe JESUS & All Genuine Christians.
“Took (Chose), Blessed, Broke, Gave
Feeding 5000, Last Supper, Emmaus Road
1. CHOSEN: I am CHOSEN by God! I am PRECIOUS. I am DIFFERENT & UNIQUE. God can use ORDINARY PEOPLE!
2. BLESSED: God has a wonderful PLAN for my life! God believes in me, even before I believe IN HIM!.
3. BROKEN: What do we do with our brokenness? We should dare TO EMBRACE our brokenness. Yes, I am WOUNDED! I don’t DENY or DISCOUNT it. I don’t have to be AFRAID . If I embrace brokenness, it can become a BLESSING !
4. GIVEN: Now I can GIVE and SERVE others. For as I deny myself & lose myself, I find MYSELF.
NOW WHAT Prayer: Sometimes I feel so ordinary & small that I don’t think that anything I could do would make any difference! But like the little child at the feeding of the 5000, I will give Jesus what I have, & who I am, & trust that He will Bless, Break, And Serve it as a Chosen blessing.
Henri Nouwen, Life of Beloved George Durham, Aug 6, 2006
Concert Little Boy Missing/ Steinway/ Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Maestro Paderewski
• That’s How It is with God
• We try so hard, but results aren't graceful flowing music.
• Touch of Master’s Hand Brings Beauty out of Brokenness!
• God seems to EQUIP the Called
• AVAILABILITY / ABILITY!
Remember, God doesn't seem to
call the equipped, rather, He equips the 'called.'
Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire.