Summary: As The Lord first fought FOR Israel & IN Israel. So He does the same for us today
- Founded November 1775
- Marines first were infantry serving aboard naval vessels and was responsible for the security of the ship and her crew by conducting offensive and defensive combat during boarding actions, and defending the ship’s officers from mutin
- March 1776 - America’s first amphibious assault landing occurred early in the Revolutionary War as the Marines gained control of a British ammunition depot and naval port in Nassau, Bahamas
- The Marine Corps has served in every American armed conflict including the Revolutionary War.
MOTTO -Semper Fidelis means "Always Faithful."
“A Few Good Men” On 20 March 1779 in Boston, Capt. William Jones, USMC, advertised for "a few good men" to enlist in the Corps for naval duty. This term has survived for over 200 years
“First to Fight” — First used in WWI They have carried out over 300 assaults on foreign shores, from the arctic to the tropics
“Gung-Ho” — The Chinese used this term to describe Marines in China around 1900. In the Chinese language, gung-ho means “Working Together”.
“Once a Marine, Always a Marine” — On completing basic training, they are one forever. a part of the Band of Brothers.
“The Few The Proud” - On their web site today
- Chose to be remembered by the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima
- The worst lost on foreign soil – Feb-Mar 1945
- Iwo Jima a 2x4 island
- 8 sq miles
- 22,000 hidden Japanese
- The longest and most intensive bombing in the Pacific
- US had vast resources 2 months of bombing by 6 battleships
- Little damage to the entrenched Japanese
- Over 3 miles of tunnels had been dug
- 100’s of mortar and Machine gun nest untouched
- Only 200 of the 915 major gun sites destroyed
- Beach sown like wheat with land mines
- Foxholes cold not be dug in the lose ash like sand
- 75,000 Marines came here on 485 warships
- Iwo Jima was worth almost any price.
- It was the direct path to Japan
- 36 days later 212 Japanese left alive
- Almost 7,000 Americans lost their lives
- This was supposed to be an easy battle
- There is no such thing as cheap victory
- Israel fighting for the 1st time
- God fought FOR them in Egypt
- Now God fight IN them
- Before Pharaoh hindered Israel deliverance from Egypt
- Now Amalekites hinder Israel walk with God
- Pharaoh used the things of Egypt to keep Israel from serving the Lord
- World to destroy our relationship with the LORD
- Amalek (Dweller in the Valley, or Strangler of the People) is the work of our flesh
- v. 8 “Then came Amalek, and fought
-Grandson of Esau
- First to oppose
- They bring trouble to Saul - 1 Sam 15:2
- Haman - Esther 3:1-6
- Constant battle with Amalek
- Israel conflict began when they stood in full power
- After they had tasted of the Sp. Meat
- After they had drank form the Sp. Rock
- Remember the past before God fought for them
- Israel did not break the power of Pharaoh
- Israel did not divide the sea
- Israel did not submerge Pharaoh’s host
- Israel did not bring bread form heaven
- Israel did not draw water for dust hard rock
- It was God and the Enemy
- The Lord had fought FOR them
- Now He fights IN them or BY them
- Christ has fought for her
Remember Christ alone on the cross
Remember Christ alone in the Tomb
Remember Christ alone in the defeat of Satan
Remember Christ alone can remove sins burden
-In us — This puts us in conflict
- Remember Amalek (Dweller in the Valley, or Strangler of the People)
Some Verses To Live By
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Remember Conflict & Intercession go hand in hand
- H.S. in us — Power
- Christ for us — Peace
- Remember Moses on the hill - fluctuated