Summary: Most people tend to go through the same problems over and over again. God stands ready to deliver.
1- “Cycle” = An interval of time which a characteristic is repeated / or a sequence of events occur.
2- If ministry has taught me anything: Most people go through the same things over and over again. (Both definitions)
3- The key to breaking this vicious cycle is to understand it.
4- Ask yourself two questions as I speak to you this morning.
(1) What am I repeating that I don’t want to? (2) Where am I in this cycle?
EVENTS IN AN OUT OF THE CYCLE.
1- The First Event in the Cycle is SIN. (1 Jn. 5:17)
1. This is the reason for our need for deliverance.
2. Sin is unrighteousness / rebellion against God.
3. Sin is our greatest enemy,
4. Sin undermines. [Peace / Joy / Confidence (Guilt) / Relationships (effective witness)]
2- The Second Event in the Cycle is WRATH. (Rom. 1:18; Eph. 5:6)
1. Wrath = God’s anger demonstrated through action. (No one sins with impunity)
2. Judgment of sin is good for everyone concerned.
• Could you imagine earth without discipline? Could you imagine heaven with unpunished sin?
3- The Third Event in the Cycle is BONDAGE. (Prov. 5:22; Jn. 8:34)
1. Continued sin always leads to bondage.
2. All of God’s commands are good. (They keep us free of bondage!)
4- The Fourth Event is CRYING OUT TO God.
1. If you skip this event you will continue to repeat events 1-3 over and over again.
2. A cry of Repentance and for Deliverance.
3. God can sympathize with our weakness. (Heb. 4:15)
5- Fifth God SENDS A DELIVERER.
1. Deborah and Barak. [15 Judges, Priests, Kings, etc.]
2. Jesus is our deliverer. (Mt. 1:21; 1 Jn. 3:5) [Only one in the New Testament]
6- Sixth Part of the Cycle is DELIVERANCE. (Jn. 8:32) “Truth ..set free”
1. Here from Jabin King of Canaan and Sisera (Jael killed with tent stake)
2. God hasn’t changed – He is still a deliverer. (“Salvation” = deliverance)
WHERE AM I IN THIS CYCLE?