Summary: DAILY RULES FOR LIVING FROM GOD are seven rules to follow each day for living in the blessing and Will of God. If we follow these simple rules we will see great joy and victory in our lives. We will be a blessing to our God, Family, Church and even to our
DAILY RULES FOR LIVING FROM GOD!
I. Wake Up Decide to have a good day.
Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Romans 13:11, Knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep.
1.Some people have such bad nerves that they cannot sleep in church.
2. If people sleep during the sermon, the pastor needs to wake up.
3. Sometimes how well you sleep depends on how little you lie.
4. If you cannot sleep at night, don’t count sheep, talk to the Shepherd.
5, Even back in Grandpas time there was something to make you sleep, they called it work.
II. Dress Up, The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
I Samuel 16:7 The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7 But God told Samuel, Looks aren’t everything. Don’t be impressed with his looks and stature. I’ve already eliminated him. God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart.
III. Shut Up, He who guards his lips guards his soul.
A Black Church in Kansas City has as its slogan:
Wake up, sing up, preach up, pray up and pay up, but never give up or let up or back up or shut up until the cause of Christ in this church and in the world is built up.
A. There is a time not to shut up; it is when we are speaking for Jesus.
1. A heated controversy raged at the University of Nebraska. Officials there forbade a Campus Crusade wrestling team from giving testimonies during an appearance. Many students, professors, and even a few newspapers asked why other groups were free to promote homosexuality, radical politics, and the like while Christians were muzzled. The Omaha World-Herald lampooned the school’s action in an editorial entitled Sit Down, Shut Up For Jesus.
2. The world does not want us to speak for Jesus.
a. The world does not know what it needs. It is Jesus.
3. There are times when we much be quiet. Proverbs 13:3 KJV He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
a. Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking.
A. One way to store up knowledge is to keep your mouth shut.
B. You win more friends with your ears than with your mouth.
C. Gossip: Something that goes in one ear and out the mouth
D. Some people are flexible, they can put either foot in their mouth
E. It is usually the person with a big mouth that bites off more than he can chew.
F. More quarrels are smothered by just shutting ones mouth and holding it shut than by all the wisdom in the world.
G. If you keep your mouth shut, you cannot be misquoted.
H. A person who constantly puts his foot in his mouth finally throws his whole body out of balance.
I. You can never exercise an open mind and an open mouth at the same time.
J. It is difficult to put your foot in your mouth when it is closed.