Summary: Worship is the believer’s response with all that he is - mind, emotions, will, and body - to all that God is and says and does. How can we follow Christ’s mandate to be different in our worship? Follows Dare 2 B Different outline of: Embody His Name, Embr
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: In Your Worship
“Worship is the believer’s response with all that he is – mind, emotions, will, and body – to all that God is and says and does.” Warren Wiersbe
A. Authentic – Heart & Soul
1. A genuine heartfelt response of your spirit to God who Himself is a Spirit.
2. Worship with passion!
3. God doesn’t do anything halfway or halfhearted – neither should we!
4. Our worship is for Him alone, not to be a performance for others – or curtailed because of others.
B. Attentive (Thoughtful) - Mind
1. If worship is mindless it is meaningless.
3. Think about your worship actions.
a. Am I prepared for worship?
b. Do I mean what I am singing?
c. Do I need to silently pray for help in doing so?
d. Am I giving this offering with pure motives and a clean heart?
e. Am I listening for God’s voice with a willingness to obey?
f. How can I be more sensitive to the Spirit’s working?
C. Applicable (Practical) - Strength
1. Worship will carry us out of our comfort zones to connect with God.
2. Worship will carry us out of here to serve.
d. Sharing the Good News
4. Offering God our leftovers is not worship; it is an insult.
II. Embrace His Mission in Your Worship
A. Emphasize Scripture
2. “Impress these words of Mine on your hearts and souls, bind them as a sign on your hands, and let them be a symbol on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 11:18-19 (quickview)  (HCSB)
4. Scripture is our guide for worship.
B. Elevate the Savior
3. Sing about Jesus, talk about Jesus, etc.
A. Music (96:1-2)
B. Ordinances (96:2b)
C. Witnessing (96:3, 10)
D. Prayer (96:4)
E. Giving (96:8)
F. Scripture (96:13)
PowerPoint file is available. E-mail email@example.com