Summary: Worship is the believer’s response with all that he is - mind, emotions, will, and body - to all that God is and says and does. How can we follow Christ’s mandate to be different in our worship? Follows Dare 2 B Different outline of: Embody His Name, Embr
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: In Your Worship
“Worship is the believer’s response with all that he is – mind, emotions, will, and body – to all that God is and says and does.” Warren Wiersbe
I. Embody His Name in Your Worship (Mark 12:30)
A. Authentic – Heart & Soul
1. A genuine heartfelt response of your spirit to God who Himself is a Spirit.
2. Worship with passion!
3. God doesn’t do anything halfway or halfhearted – neither should we!
4. Our worship is for Him alone, not to be a performance for others – or curtailed because of others.
B. Attentive (Thoughtful) - Mind
1. If worship is mindless it is meaningless.
2. Jesus referred to this as “vain repetitions” in Matthew 6:7.
3. Think about your worship actions.
a. Am I prepared for worship?
b. Do I mean what I am singing?
c. Do I need to silently pray for help in doing so?
d. Am I giving this offering with pure motives and a clean heart?
e. Am I listening for God’s voice with a willingness to obey?
f. How can I be more sensitive to the Spirit’s working?
C. Applicable (Practical) - Strength
1. Worship will carry us out of our comfort zones to connect with God.
2. Worship will carry us out of here to serve.
d. Sharing the Good News
3. “I will not offer to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” 2 Samuel 24:24 (HCSB)
4. Offering God our leftovers is not worship; it is an insult.
II. Embrace His Mission in Your Worship
A. Emphasize Scripture
1. “So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.” Romans 10:17 (HCSB)
2. “Impress these words of Mine on your hearts and souls, bind them as a sign on your hands, and let them be a symbol on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 11:18-19 (HCSB)
3. “And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayers.” Acts 2:42 (HCSB)
4. Scripture is our guide for worship.
B. Elevate the Savior
1. “There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 (HCSB)
2. “Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6 (HCSB)
3. Sing about Jesus, talk about Jesus, etc.
III. Emulate His Word in Your Worship (Psalm 96)
A. Music (96:1-2)
B. Ordinances (96:2b)
C. Witnessing (96:3, 10)
D. Prayer (96:4)
E. Giving (96:8)
F. Scripture (96:13)
PowerPoint file is available. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org