Summary: Darkness cannot exist where there is light and fear cannot exist where there is faith. If fear does not come from God then it comes from the devil.
DARK OR LIGHT, FEAR OR FAITH!
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Darkness cannot exist where there is light and fear cannot exist where there is faith.
I. If fear does not come from God then it comes from the devil.
A. Every good thing comes from God. James 1:17 (KJV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
II. Jesus said the bad things come from the devil. John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
III. FAITH COMES FIRST FROM GOD .
A. IT IS A GIFT WE RECEIVE WHEN WE ARE SAVED.
1. Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
2. We are saved by faith. Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
3. Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends. George Muller
4. IT COMES ALSO THROUGH HEARING, READING, STUDYING AND SPEAKING THE WORD OF GOD. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
IV. How do we move from darkness to light, fear to faith.?
A. When I walk into a dark room I flip the light switch. The darkness flees.
B. When we speak the Word the fear leaves.
1. This is how we resist the devil. Since he is the author of fear he has to take his fear and lies with him when he flees. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
2. Satan promises the best, but pays with the worst;
he promises honor and pays with disgrace;
he promises pleasure and pays with pain;
he promises profit and pays with loss;
he promises life and pays with death.
3. Faith is not merely your holding on to God--it is God holding on to you. He will not let you go!
4. Sometimes the Lord calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child.
LET US TURN ON THE SWITCH OF FAITH AND CAST OFF THE SPIRIT OF FEAR.