Summary: Funeral for a man with some significnt dates prior to his home going.
• Friends, we have gathered here to praise God and to witness to our faith as we celebrate the life of Charles Whiiteker We come together in grief, acknowledging our human loss
May God grant us grace, that in pain we may find comfort, in sorrow hope, in death resurrection. Dying, Christ destroyed our death. Rising, Christ restored our life.
1. Consider some Dates
• Death has once again taken; death has seemingly once again taken a friend, a beautiful life. An amazing being has been snatched away, but wait it’s not a victory for death, it’s a victory for Charles Whitteker .
• Charles shared with me one day I don’t understand why God took my mother, preacher I don’t doubt God, but I do believe.
• November 3 I asked Charles are you saved. He said I am not sure well I said we can be sure. He prayed with me as he accepted Jesus Christ.
• November 4 Charles said pray for me
• November 5 I read to Charles Romans 10: 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
• Robert Capon allows us to view death a little different All we have to do is trust Jesus and die. Everything else has already been done. Our death, therefore, is the one "purse that will never wear out," the true "treasure in heaven that will never decrease." We are rich only in our mortality or death; everything else may safely be sold (Luke 12:33). For our death is the only thing the world cannot take away from us, no one will ever want to beg, borrow or steal from us. The martyrs bore witness to this saving supremacy of death that they were the first saints commemorated by the church. Indeed, the days of their deaths were commonly referred to as their natales, their birthdays. It was one of the church's happier insights.
• November 6th Charles birthday also known as Natalie or birth date into heaven
2. November 7 we were able to read Charles Whitteker Obituary Charles Williams Whitteker, age 70, of Princeton, WV died on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at Glenwood Park Retirement Village.
• Don’t you believe a word of it. Believe what Jesus says, John 11:25-26 25Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
• Charles will say I am more alive now than I ever have been John 3:16 whoever believes in him shall
not perish but have eternal life.
• Dwight L. Moody before his birth date into heaven “caught a glimpse of the glory awaiting him. Awakening from sleep, he said “Earth recedes. Heaven opens before me. If this is death, it is sweet! There is no valley here. God is calling me, and I must go.” His son was standing by his bedside and said, “No, no, father, you are dreaming.” “No,” said Mr. Moody, “I am not dreaming. I have been within the gates. I have seen the children’s faces.” A short time elapsed…and he spoke again, “This is my triumph; this is my coronation day! It is glorious!”
• Charles entered a home that is immortal a body that sin cannot touch
• Charles Wheteker November 6th was born in the flesh November 3rd was born in the spirit That which is born of the flesh may die; that which is born of the Spirit will live forever.”He begins an eternal journey that will never end
3. November 6th somewhere before 12:00 Noon Charles Arrived
• There are Christians from a certain tribe in Africa who never say of their dead “who die in the Lord” that “they have departed.” Instead, speaking as it were from the vantage point of the glory world, they triumphantly and joyously say, “they have arrived.”
• Charles has arrived to all the splendors of eternity Gods Got Death “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints
• Charles has arrived to eternal rest Hebrews 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
• Charles has Arrived to Paradise To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
• Charles has arrived to No more needs I shall not want no more Charles had one those super Big beds but now he don’t even need a bed to sleep on he is so filled with energy, love, peace, that he is saying with the other saints "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."