Summary: David lived his life but there is an appointment, there is an awakening, and we will all be carried some where. Where will that somewhere be?
“David Lived, David Died and so will I” 1 Kings 2:10-12
1. Notice David lived and David died David's death includes the years and locations of his reign: seven years in Hebron (where his reign was over the southern kingdom of Judah and 33 years in Jerusalem, where he reigned over both the northern kingdom of Israel as well as Judah
2. Notice David slept Bible says " he slept with his ancestors,"
3. Notice David was Buried notice the statement that David was buried in "the city of David,"
1. David Lived and David Died and we can all say “so will I” The Bible says the time drew nigh, came near,
• Death is an appointment we must all keep Heb says, And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment:…
• Death Is the destiny of all according to Ecclesiastes 7:2for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.
• Job called Death 21 the place of no return, to the land of gloom and deep shadow,B 22to the land of deepest night, of deep shadow and disorder, where even the light is like darkness."
• The Preacher says 15Naked a man comes from his mother's womb, and as he comes, so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand
2. David Slept and David will Awake.
• Paul claims a Trump shall sound the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised
• A Trump shall sound loud enough to awaken the dead Daniel said, 2Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt
• The Trump sounds and David Awakes to realize his perishable body is clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal body with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality,
3. David was Buried but I believe David was carried as well “Bible say he was buried in the city of David
• Lazarus the beggar was carried 22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side.
• The Thief on the Cross was carried to Paradise Jesus said “This day be in Paradise”
• Daniel claims we will be carried to receive our inheritance “You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance."
• John claim’s we are carried to an eternal Rest , "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."
• Scripture says we are carried to a land of no more , there is no more loneliness "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them No more tears 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death "Death has been swallowed up in victory Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"or no more mourning or No More crying or No More pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
4. David Lived David Died and so will I. so where will I be carried?