Summary: What do we learn from David’s Life?
1. There is a man of whom God said: ¡°This is a man after my own heart.¡±
2. What a great expression and admiration from God that we can have, ¡®This is a man after my own heart.¡¯ Wow!
3. Who is this guy? His name is David.
4. I¡¯ve put a lot of thought into this issue of what made God love David so much and why was God so proud of David.
5. I¡¯ve come to the conclusion that David was a true worshiper. Something God is looking for in everyone. That¡¯s why David was loved by God.
6. Do you want to be a Christian after God¡¯s own heart? Then Listen carefully to my sermon today.
7. It had been 20 years since David acceded to the throne and He was in his 50¡¯s.
8. He had worked hard for about 20 years. As the king of Israel His country and His people lived in peacefulness.
9. But, He made a mistake and went through a lot of sorrow for quite some time.
10. Let us look in the Bible at 2 Samuel 11:1~5
11. 1 In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, David sent Joab out with the king’s men and the whole Israelite army. They destroyed the Ammonites and besieged Rabbah. But David remained in Jerusalem. 2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, "Isn’t this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite?" 4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then  she went back home. 5 The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, "I am pregnant."
12. This is a disgraceful story about David¡¯s adultery.
13. Why did God write this kind of shameful story in the Holy Bible?
14. 1 Corinthians has the answer, 10:11, 12 say that 11These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!
15. We can find so many faults in the lives of the Bible figures including David.
16. The first reason for writing down their faults is to teach us not to make the same mistakes ie (that is) to learn from other¡¯s mistakes.
17. The second reason is to show that there is no one who is not guilty of sin and that God¡¯s love and forgiveness are for all who repent and turn their backs on sin.
18. Now, let¡¯s have a deeper look into the story and learn a lesson from David.
19. David was a very able general; He spent much time on the battlefield. He was a good strategist and a tactician at war.
20. But scripture says that He sent his generals and his whole army to the battlefield and he remained in Jerusalem during spring, the time when other kings go off to war.
21. So, when the other kings went off to war he stayed at home.
22. He did not try to do his best, He was idle and lazy. He shifted his job on to his generals. This is the first motive for his adultery.
23. He permitted a shameful sin while he turned his face from his duty.
24. Dear Brothers and sisters! Remember this: Temptation comes to Christians when they are doing nothing; neglecting their duty. Remember: The devil finds things for idle hands to do.
25. The second and third motive for his crime can be found in verse 2. It says one evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful
26. ¡®One evening¡¯, it means he took a long nap and got up from his bed.
27. He took a nap and fooled around on the roof of the palace while his generals and soldiers were in battle bleeding and losing their lives for him.
28. And The Bible says: He saw that the bathing woman was very beautiful.
29. We can imagine from verse 2 that He did not glanced but he gazed at the woman. It put David in practice to permit adultery.
30. There are so many things that can knock us down spiritually.
31. After booting my computer, the first thing that I do, is erasing spam mail which contains illegal messages and pictures from my e-mail box.