Summary: David's Three Mighty Men defended a seemingly insigniffican bean patch etc. But King David sent them there. What is your bean patch that King Jesus sent you to defend
DAVID'S MIGHTY MEN
And he spake a parable to them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; saying , There was in a city a judge, which feared not God neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city and she came unto him saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
And the Lord said Hear what the unjust Judge said. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them. I tell you he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the son of man cometh shall he find faith on the earth?
1. Now I know this passage of scripture speaks about prayer
2. But there is a quality found here in this parable Jesus is telling that I want us to look at today
3. I believe God is building an Army today
4. An army of Men and woman ….boys and girls that have the same quality
5. AND THAT IS THE QUALITY OF TANACITY
• The ability to stick with it and not to give up
• Committed Men and woman
Explain the story how the widow woman would not give up
6. Jesus said at the end…Hear what the unjust judge said
• And shall not God avenge his own elect which cry night and day, though he bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Never the less when the Son of man comes will he find faith?
7. God is looking for stickers today
• People that will sell out to Jesus and be determined that they will not quit
• We have too many people today that want to join the Army of the Lord….but they only want to fight if they feel like it.
• They only want to fight if its convenient
BUT GOD IS LOOKING FOR A PEOPLE THAT WILL FIGHT AND STAND STRONG EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT CONVIENIENT!!!
• ….Even when you do not feel like fighting…..
• The battle we are called to fight in is an every day battle my dear friends..
• MON …TUE….WED…..THUR…..FRI….SAT…..SUN
• When were tired
• When were weary
• When we don’t feel like it
• And when we don’t see the results we expect to see
• WE FIGHT IN THE BATTLE BECAUSE WE ARE SOLDIERS IN THE LORDS ARMY
• WE FIGHT BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO
• WE FIGHT BECAUSE KING JESUS HAS GIVEN US ORDERS TO DEFEND OUR GROUND
8. This woman had tenacity….she knew what she wanted and wouldn’t take No for an answer
I. THE APOSTLE PAUL WAS AN INDIVIDUAL THAT HAD TANACITY
1. Paul said I have fought a good fight
• I have finished the course
• I have run the race and kept the faith……Paul was not a quitter
2. The apostle Paul was shipwrecked
• He was stoned and beaten
• He was in peril among his brethren and in peril among robbers
• But never once does Paul talk about quitting
• Quitting was not in Brother Paul's vocabulary…
3. You can quit if you want to……you can run if you want to
• But I am determined to be a sticker
• I am determined to fight the Devil and pull down his strongholds
• I am determined to trust my God to help me to do his will in my life
TURN WITH ME TO 2 SAMUEL 23:8-12
2 Sam 23:8-12
8 These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.
9 And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away:
10 He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the LORD wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil.
11 And after him was Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite. And the Philistines were gathered together into a troop, where was a piece of ground full of lentils: and the people fled from the Philistines.
12 But he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines: and the LORD wrought a great victory.