Summary: 1Tim. 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
A. It is translated "SERVANT" seven times.
Mat 23:8 - 12 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
2. It is translated "MINISTER" in 20 places
Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
1 Cor 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
WHAT ABOUT THOSE ORDAINED TO THE OFFICE?
READ ACTS 6:1-8
NOTICE THIER QULIFICATIONS:
1. Honest Report V-3 2. Full of the Holy Spirit – V-3 3. Full of wisdom – V-3
NOTICE THEIR DUTIES:
1. They were to stop murmuring and contention and confusion in the Church.
2. They were to be set over the Business. V-3 (1 for each 36,000)
3. They were to set the preacher free to study and pray as much as possible.
NOTICE THE RESULTS OF THEIR WORK:
1. Word of God increased . V-7
2. Number of Disciples multiplied.
3. Great number of priest were obedient to the Faith.
4. Steven and Phillip did some preaching.
READ THE QUALIFICATION IN I Tim 3