Summary: When we experience death of someone close it can affect us not only physically, but spiritually. It is good to know that God's word is a comfort to us in those hard times.
I. At Death, Our Feelings are Affected Like no Other Time.
1. A time when our feelings turn to our memories.
a. Memories as husband/wife
b. Memories as a father/mother
c. Memories as a friend
2. A time when our feelings will find a void or an empty place.
a. Take your feelings to Christ
b. The disciples at the death of John. Matthew14:1-2
c. Mary and Martha at the death of Lazarus. John 11:19-20
II. At Death, Our Faith is Tested Like no Other Time.
1. At the time of death, there is always the danger of receiving what God sends us, with the wrong attitude.
a. When we bear our sorrow in the world’s way, it brings death to our joy, peace, happiness, and brings hurt in our life. 2 Corinthians 7:10
b. God wants to comfort us in our sorrow. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
2. At the time of death, our faith should become stronger and more real to us.
III. At Death, We Need to Trust in the Facts of God’s Word.
1. God knows our need.
2. God cares about our need.
a. 1 Peter 5:7
3. God is able to help.
c. Psalm 50:15
4. We must realize death comes at God’s appointed time.
a. Job 30:23
b. Hebrews 9:27
5. We must prepare and be ready before that time.
a. John 3:3
b. Amos 4:12
c. John 14:1-3
6. The only way we can prepare is to trust in what Christ has done for us.
a. Romans 6:23
b. Romans 5:8
7. The greatest fact and hope we have after trusting Christ is found in:
IV. In Closing, you too Can Be Ready, If Death Should come to You.