Summary: Understanding more who God is as an individual and friend and our need to have an intimate relation with Him.
Numbers 14:7. And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying. The land, which we passed through to search it, [is] an exceeding good land.
14:8 If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.
What is the definition of delight?
To have light is to have understanding
To see clearly
To have clear bright understanding
I looked up delight in the concordance and then at the different Greek and Hebrew definitions and came up with an interesting list
1. in things
2. To be soft or pliable (trusting)
3. Specifically to satisfy a debt
4. To look upon (with complacency), please or amuse (self);
5. Enjoyment: - delight, pleasure.
6. To delight in: - beauty, greatly beloved, covet, delectable thing, ( X great) delight, desire, goodly, lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).
7. Properly to spin around (under the influence of any violent emotion), that is, usually rejoice, or (as cringing) fear: - be glad, joy, be joyful, rejoice.
8. (Be) acceptable (-ance, -ed), delight, desire, favor, (good) pleasure, (own, self, voluntary) will, as . . . (what) would.
9. Luxury: - delicate, delight, pleasant
10. To be agreeable (literally or figuratively): - pass in beauty, be delight, be pleasant, be sweet.
11. A delicacy or (abstractly) pleasure (adverbially cheerfully): - dainty, delicately, delight
12. To rejoice in with oneself, that is, feel satisfaction concerning: - delight.
Delight is to be happy or at peace with something. I wish I was an artist and could paint a picture of true wonderful delight. I wish I had awesome oratory skills that would set a picture in your minds that you could see a beauty that you would hold forever. I wish that I had in a greater sense of this beauty that it could be set out in my very life. This is why I study so that this beauty may become more real and more beautyful to me.
In my life though, I search for better ways to live and I desire now to share with you what I have been finding in my search for a true understanding of the beauty of true Christianity.
I would like to share with you something that I have been learning. It is a bit of an imagination bible story game. We pick a face part such as nose eyes ears and mouth. Lest say nose. We close our eyes and imagine a bible story. Let’s think about Esther as she has Haman and the King for a meal. Remembering that they are in the Kings garden what things might we smell? There would be good food to smell. Maybe we would smell oranges or kiwi or apples or bread or maybe some popcorn. We might smell the wonderful smell of roses or lilies or lilacs. How about the wonderful fragrance of the queens’ sweet perfume? We may even smell the smell of soil that has been freshly worked as the gardeners may have been out getting the garden ready for this meal so that it would be at its best for the King and Queen. We might use our ears in this same story and imagine what we might hear. I think that in a garden I might hear some birds sing as the flit about looking for something good to eat or maybe they are just enjoying the company of the King and Queen. We would hear the voices of those attending the meal as they visited. There might even be some soft music playing somewhere close by. We might here the rustle of the breeze in the trees that are standing tall in the garden. What might we see in the imagination as we look about this seen? The food, the flowers, the trees the Queen, The King, Haman, the birds, stone walk ways through the garden, fountains, statues, and many other things of wonderful rich things to enjoy. To get to know the bible stories we need to really enter into the story and try to imagine what was really happening. We can imagine the expressions on the faces and the emotions of the deferent individuals in the stories. We need to make the stories our own.