Summary: Demas felt the pull and found the poverty of the old life.
DEMAS HATH FORSAKEN ME
I. WHO? DEMAS
A. HE WAS A FELLOW SAINT.
Col 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
Phm 1:24 Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellowlabourers.
1. Think about the privileges he enjoyed.
2. Think about the progress he experienced.
B. HE WAS A FALLEN SOLDIER.
II. WHAT? HATH FORSAKEN ME
A. HOW DO YOU THINK WAS PAUL FEELING?
1. There is no arrogance in his voice.
“I wouldn’t have done something like that.”
2. There is no animosity in his voice.
“He never was much to begin with.”
3. There is no anger in his voice.
“I hope he gets what he deserves.”
B. HOW I THINK PAUL WAS FEELING.
1. He was probably disappointed.
a. Demas was his friend.
b. Demas had forsaken him.
“When Paul needed him most”
1. Paul was in prison.
2. Paul was being persecuted.
2. He was probably determined.
a. He was not going to let it hinder his work for the Lord.
b. He was not going to let it hinder his walk with the
III. WHY? HAVING LOVED THIS PRESENT WORLD
A. DEMAS FELT THE PULL OF THE OLD LIFE.
1. He failed to commune with his Savior and Lord.
2. He failed to conquer sin in his life.
B. DEMAS FOUND THE POVERTY OF THE OLD LIFE.
1. Demas showed no signs of repentance.
2. Demas showed no signs of returning.