Summary: I believe the Bible explains the core values for the church, do you know what they are? This message gives 6 core values that the church needs to know, and understand.
Title: Developing A Biblical World View (Part 2)
Text: Col 2:6-8
- The whole purpose in doing this sermon series on Having A Biblical World View is because, without it there’s no purpose.
- Mel Gibson has been quoted as saying, “America is Bible illiterate,” I tend to agree.
- Meaning people don’t have a clue what the Bible says concerning today’s issues, nor are they living what the Bible says.
- It’s simply out of ignorance. It has not been taught nor communicated to people that Jesus is the answer for our lives, and the crisis the world finds itself in.
- When I dug a little deeper and looked up some statistics concerning Pastors and certain Faith groups I was shocked to see that half the Christian leadership in America doesn’t have a Biblical World View.
- A Biblical world view meaning that we make our decisions, and live our lives according to the Word of God and not the world’s philosophies.
- Therefore if half doesn’t have a Biblical World View, what do our congregations think and what are they believing?
- A church will never take a stand on issues if they don’t believe something to be true.
- As Christians we need to understand the core values of the Bible and be able to explain them to unsaved people.
- You can’t explain something or tell someone about something if you don’t know what you are talking about.
- According to God’s Word we need to give an answer in season and out of season. We need to no why certain issues are wrong, so that we can be a witness and give an answer to our community.
- I read on a wall, somewhere and it said, “Jesus is the answer”, and underneath it, it said, “What’s the question”.
- People today don’t know what Jesus did, nor of how to get to Heaven.
- But we do, or do we? That’s what I want to communicate to you this morning. Could we explain to someone how to get to Heaven, could we teach a cell group, disciple someone?
- Do you know how to witness and lead someone in the sinner’s prayer?
- This message is a starting point to help us understand the core values of the church.
- God is asking us to witness, pray for people, disciple etc.
- Our text in Col 2:6-8 says that we need too. (Read Text)
- It’s my prayer that I drop a seed into your heart that will want to know more about God’s Word and the answers that are in it for today.
- So this morning I want to give you 6 core belief’s that we need to live by, and teach to our children and families, our friends and community.
- This is what shaped our nation before and it needs to be taught again and lived by.
- Lets look at the 6 core values that we need to understand from God’s Word and live by as Christians:
Core Value 1: Understanding Salvation
- Our world says there are many ways to God.
- Many people have views about getting to Heaven.
- Have you ever noticed at a funeral service that everyone gets to Heaven?
- You could have the worse immoral person that has passed on, yet in most cases people believe that there loved one went to Heaven.
- And it’s hard to imagine anybody going to hell for all eternity, but it’s a reality and happens everyday, or every minute.