Summary: I believe the Bible explains the core values for the church, do you know what they are? This message gives 6 core values that the church needs to know, and understand.
Title: Developing A Biblical World View (Part 2)
Text: Col 2:6-8
- The whole purpose in doing this sermon series on Having A Biblical World View is because, without it there’s no purpose.
- Mel Gibson has been quoted as saying, “America is Bible illiterate,” I tend to agree.
- Meaning people don’t have a clue what the Bible says concerning today’s issues, nor are they living what the Bible says.
- It’s simply out of ignorance. It has not been taught nor communicated to people that Jesus is the answer for our lives, and the crisis the world finds itself in.
- When I dug a little deeper and looked up some statistics concerning Pastors and certain Faith groups I was shocked to see that half the Christian leadership in America doesn’t have a Biblical World View.
- A Biblical world view meaning that we make our decisions, and live our lives according to the Word of God and not the world’s philosophies.
- Therefore if half doesn’t have a Biblical World View, what do our congregations think and what are they believing?
- A church will never take a stand on issues if they don’t believe something to be true.
- As Christians we need to understand the core values of the Bible and be able to explain them to unsaved people.
- You can’t explain something or tell someone about something if you don’t know what you are talking about.
- According to God’s Word we need to give an answer in season and out of season. We need to no why certain issues are wrong, so that we can be a witness and give an answer to our community.
- I read on a wall, somewhere and it said, “Jesus is the answer”, and underneath it, it said, “What’s the question”.
- People today don’t know what Jesus did, nor of how to get to Heaven.
- But we do, or do we? That’s what I want to communicate to you this morning. Could we explain to someone how to get to Heaven, could we teach a cell group, disciple someone?
- Do you know how to witness and lead someone in the sinner’s prayer?
- This message is a starting point to help us understand the core values of the church.
- God is asking us to witness, pray for people, disciple etc.
- Our text in Col 2:6-8 says that we need too. (Read Text)
- It’s my prayer that I drop a seed into your heart that will want to know more about God’s Word and the answers that are in it for today.
- So this morning I want to give you 6 core belief’s that we need to live by, and teach to our children and families, our friends and community.
- This is what shaped our nation before and it needs to be taught again and lived by.
- Lets look at the 6 core values that we need to understand from God’s Word and live by as Christians:
Core Value 1: Understanding Salvation
- Our world says there are many ways to God.
- Many people have views about getting to Heaven.
- Have you ever noticed at a funeral service that everyone gets to Heaven?
- You could have the worse immoral person that has passed on, yet in most cases people believe that there loved one went to Heaven.
- And it’s hard to imagine anybody going to hell for all eternity, but it’s a reality and happens everyday, or every minute.
This is what the Bible says concerning salvation:
1. Available to all - Isa 45:22 says, “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”
2. Based On Faith - Rom 4:3 says, “What does the Scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
Rom 10:9-10 says, “That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
3. Salvation is conditional - Ezekiel 18:24 says, “But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.”
4. Involves freedom from sin - John 8:36 says, “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
I John 3:10 says, “This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.”