Summary: Challenging each one to be involved in personal ministry.
Go light your world and lose your cares
The objective: To teach principles, that if applied, will free us from the prisons of despair we have created.
In reaching out to others, God reaches out to us.
Theme Song: Go light your world, by Kathy Troccoli
A. There is a condition affecting the members of the body of Christ today.
1. We are mindless wonders, going in circles without any real direction.
We are controlled by our circumstances, by our environment, A prisoner of our own minds…
Shutting others out of our world…
2. We are spiritually fatigued, tired, loss of spiritual energy and go power
3. The cancer of self has taken over our bodies
Life is about what I want, what I think, what I see… all to the exclusion of others and Christ.
4. The Word tells us to consider others…
"Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." (Philippians 2:4, KJV)
B. Jesus tells us, "Ye are the light of the world... (Matthew 5:14)
1. It is hard to be the light of the world when we are sitting on our candles…
When we are stifling the light of God thru our own self-centeredness.
We have allowed bitterness, ill will and our own agendas to crowd out the work of God
C. We do not need to succumb to this debilitating disease.
1. Just as there are steps to take to overcome the spiritual fatigue syndrome, so we can take steps to overcome this condition.
2. By following the simple steps I will share with you, you can over come this condition.
3. You can KNOW the joy that is your right as sons and daughters of God
We will first look at our standing with God and then how we can go forth as lights in this world meeting the needs of others
C. Steps to overcoming self-centeredness and spiritual fatigued
1. The first step is to admit we have a problem.
a. When we understand we have a problem, that begins to set in motion creative ways to over come this problem
b. Read Luke 18:9-14, Publican and Pharisee praying
c. Read 1 John 1:8-9,
d. The worst kind of deception is self-deception
Apply the principle… 1st step… We need to realize… we have a problem
2. The second step is to realign our focus and put Christ back to the forefront again.
a. Must read and expound Heb. 12:1-3
Looking- a compound word- to look away from to… a another object.
To look beyond our self and sin and to fix our eyes on him who can offer help
b. Michelangelo, when painting the face of Jesus, could not continue, till he went and made peace with a man he had wronged.
c. Must read if we have time, Heb. 1:1-3, and tell now we have the ultimate revelation himself,
The word HATH- literal is the same word in later part of verse, spoken, Could we said this way, Speaking, in these last days, speaking unto us by his son…
Apply the principle… 2nd step… We need to redirect what we are looking and put Christ in the picture again.
1. There is despair sweeping our fair land among those in Christian circles
2. We have become too centered on me, to the exclusion of others and the Lord Jesus
3. There are defiant steps to take to overcome this condition