Summary: The sermon shares the depths of God's grace that offers us salvation. As we dig into salvation we find grace, the strength of God's grace, and that results in thankfulness and joy in worship.
• Isaiah 12:
WE dig to find oil; we dig to find most importantly water to survive.
• Isaiah writes to a people who live in the desert
• They dwell in a geographical desert and they dwell in a spiritual Desert
Despite their scattering and exiled situation God reminds them through the prophet
• .Isaiah 11: 11In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt,B from Cush,C from Elam, from Babylonia,D from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.
• 12He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.
God reminds the people that salvation is likened to a well Let us dig deep into that well.
3With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
• He reminds Israel Salvation is like Water it has the ability to save a life
• He reminds them that salvation is like water that Refreshes
• He reminds them that Salvation is like water that Cleanses
• He reminds them that Salvation Is like water that gives them strength
1. When we dig deep into Gods salvation it is here we discover Gods amazing grace
• 121In that day you will say: "I will praise you, O LORD. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me.
• Isaiah finds God is always willing to forgive
• Isaiah finds Gods anger is turned away when we repent
• Isaiah finds a relationship is restored as a result of repentance
2. Israel’s sins are deep but here we discover the Strength of God Grace
• Israel say in verse 2 The LORD, the LORD, is my strength
• God’s strength is deep enough to Draw you out of the depts. of sin
• God's Strength strong enough to make all things possible, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
• God’s strength is like what Jeremiah said is there anything to hard for God
• The Psalmist says God is the source of all strength Father forgive them
3. Israel is learning because of the depth of God’s grace they are thankful
• 4In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
• The community shares it thankfulness in the form of Proclamation Go tell it over the mountains and everywhere
• vs 4 make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. 5Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.
4 Israel as a result of the depths Of God’s grace Joys are expressed in worship
• 6Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you
• Here the Israelites find a reason for worship How great is our God?
• God is great enough to forgive and offer amazing grace great enough to die for us
• Worship is not an event or an obligation we go to, but I think worship is something that bubbles up inside, Come with expectation, come with desire for direction,
• It awakens my soul, It puts me in God’s presence, It molds me, It fills me, yes it is the spirit of the Living God that falls a fresh on me, come to worship with a heart longing to be filed