Summary: How many of you have ever experienced a God moment, and He met your need at just the right time in just the right way? There are a lot of people this morning who never have, they are running on empty discouraged and in depression over issues the devil h
Disarmed, not ready to arm
1st Sam 30:1-8 NKJ
1. Now it happened, when David and his men came to Ziklag, on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the South and Ziklag, attacked Ziklag and burned it with fire,
2. and had taken captive the women and those who were there, from small to great; they did not kill anyone, but carried them away and went their way.
3. So David and his men came to the city, and there it was, burned with fire; and their wives, their sons, and their daughters had been taken captive.
4. Then David and the people who were with him lifted up their voices and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
5. And David’s two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelites, and Abigail the widow of Nabal the Carmelite, had been taken captive.
6. Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.
7. Then David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech’s son, “Please bring the ephod here to me.” And Abiathar brought the ephod to David.
8. So David inquired of the LORD, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?”
And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”
We all know what it means to have your feet kicked out from under us, to have the wind knocked out of our sail, to be out of our own resources and be down to nothing, to be running on empty.
How many of you have ever experienced a God moment, and He met your need at just the right time in just the right way?
There are a lot of people this morning who never have, they are running on empty, discouraged and in depression over issues the devil has thrown at them
They are disarmed and disengaged from Gods presence, and they are in a state to where they are not ready to be rearmed
Christians and non believers alike who over certain circumstances,
have been beat down by the devil and the world, to the point of exhaustion.
They are so discouraged in their personal life, and just like David and his men, spiritually they have been disarmed, and their not ready to arm.
They have been discouraged almost to the point of no return.
After 1,000’s of yrs. Of modern medical discoveries, doctors still dispense medicine that only treats the symptom and only masks what’s going on,
the treatment and real cure can only be found in the presence and strength of the Lord God Almighty…
to tend to prevent something from happening by making it more difficult or unpleasant
make somebody less optimistic: to make somebody feel less motivated, confident, or optimistic
You see, the devil never cares, how or what it takes to get to you, just as long as it does.
Discouragement and depression are some of the best tools, the devil has in his bag of tricks.
Here are a few facts I found online;
Depressive disorders affect approximately 18.8 million American adults or about 9.5% of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year.
Everyone, will at some time in their life be affected by depression -- their own or someone else’s
Pre-schoolers are the fastest-growing market for antidepressants. At least four percent of preschoolers -- over a million -- are clinically depressed
The rate of increase of depression among children is an astounding 23%
15% of the population of most developed countries suffers severe depression.
80% of depressed people are not currently having any treatment.
Depression will be the second largest killer after heart disease by 2020 -- and studies show depression is a contributory factor to fatal coronary disease.
Depression results in more absenteeism than almost any other physical disorder and costs employers more than US$51 billion per year in absenteeism and lost productivity, not including high medical and pharmaceutical bills.
I read a story about a man who tried to sell soap to a certain customer.
He started going to the customer in the morning and continued until the customer got wearied and said,
“Ah! This is the tenth soap seller that has come here. What is the problem? Okay how much is the soap? I will buy the soap so that they stop bothering me.”
And he bought the soap. The man then said, proudly “Point of correction sir, I am the only one that has been coming.
In the morning, I wore a suit and you turned me away. I went and changed each time and came back. I have been here ten times. Thank you for buying.”