Summary: Desitiny Distrations that stop us from being doing what God has designed us to be and do. You can’t be denied you destiny, Just miss it. Also listen at www.preaching.co.nr
Destiny will not be Denied but Destiny can be Missed.
Jesus tells the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-31. The destiny of the son was assured as long as he stayed close to his father. The son’s destiny was to inherit the estate. Until that time, with his father and family, his role was to maintain progress and prosper the estate. He could not do any of those things while away from his father.
Believers are called “heirs & co heirs with Christ” so we are guaranteed an inheritance;
Rom. 8:16-17: "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs -- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." The Bible teaches we will inherit the following;
1. All Things (The Universe) Heb. 1:2, Rom. 8:32 Eph. 3:9 Heb. 1:3 Thus, with Christ, the saints inherit the universe.
2. The World Rom. 4:13: Gal. 3:16 Gal. 3:29 Gen. 22:17: 1 Cor. 15:22 John 3:16 1 Cor. 6:2
3. The Kingdom of God 1 Cor. 15:50,53 Rom. 2:5-7
5. Salvation Rom. 8:2 Heb. 1:14
6. The Promises Gal. 3:29 Heb. 6:12 1 Cor. 1:20 Eph. 1:13 Heb. 9:15
Until the time comes when we will inherit all that our Father has promised in this life and in the eternal life to come, our role with the Father and family of God, as co-workers and partners is to maintain progress and prosper the estate. Our Heavenly Father’s estate is all that he is the Head over. (1Cor 11:3, Eph 5:23, Col 1:8) God, of course is the Head over all things from the environment to the economy, from the natural to the spiritual realms (Eph 1:22 Col 2:10). We clearly cannot maintain progress and prosper everything in the Father’s estate. Therefore, we must seek to maintain progress and prosper those things the Father has given us charge over such as;
1. His Church; It’s all about devotion to the people next to you. (Acts 2:42, Rom 12:10, 1Cor 16:15, 2Cor 7:12)
2. Our family; Loving and serving one another. How we train our children will affect them and their children. (Eph 6:1-6, Col 3:19-21)
3. Our Health; Fit to serve is not just to do with the soul. 1 Cor 6:19-20 1 Cor 3:16-17 Lev 11:1-47 Gen 1:27 1 Cor 10:31
4. Our Community; we are here to pray and preach.(1Tim 1:1-6 Matt 28:19-20, 2Pet 3:9, 1Cor 1:17)
Destiny is All about Progressing and Prospering
The Church’s destiny is to grow. When Jesus said; “I will build my Church” Matt 16:18, He promised that the Church we are a part of would not stay the same, from its beginning the Church has been on the road of progressing and prospering. The reason why many churches are not Progressing and Prospering is because they are living today in their heritage and not form their inheritance; they glory in the past and neglect what the Lord has already given to them in the present to help his church progress and prosper.
Jesus has given us instructions about Love and Unity among believers as a key to church growth. (John 13:34 17:23)