Summary: Part 2 of 5 "The Lord of the Rings" God’s divine intentions for the marriage. One of the most needed messages in our nation today!
The Purpose of the Rings
Lord of the Rings (part 2 of 5)
1. Core assumption: God knows what is going on and has a very good reason for all of His actions.
2. Marriage is not an institution dreamed up in the heart of man Marriage is the product of Divine Wisdom.
3. A concept that has served me well - Decide what you want a thing to do – then build it, buy it, etc.
4. In the past few weeks we have addressed some of the “alternate lifestyles” and their failure.
5. Try God’s plan for your marriage and you will find out that God didn’t miss a thing!
If God has a good reason for all that He does and He founded marriage, what are the reasons? (Intentions)
1- Marriage Meets Man’s Need for Companionship. (Gen 2:18, 20-24)
1- “It is not good for man to be alone”
1. Stats: Lonely - Married 4.6% / Unmarried 14.5% / Divorced 20.5% / Separated 29.6%.
2. This is the key component of the “gay” and other “alternative lifestyles”.
2- Man has needs – God’s answer is “a” woman, Woman has needs – God’s answer is “a” man!
3- We need each other in all our attributes – Emotion, Intellect, Phys & Spiritual!
4- Marriage is the closest human relationship! (Best friend = support)
2- Marriage is intended to Bring Stability into our Lives.
1- Marriage is a forever covenant! Permanent in the eyes of God. (Rom. 7:1-3 = promise and loyalty!)
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery. Mt 19:9 (NIV)
2- A court, paper and ink will never change God’s will!
3- Marriage was Purposed for Pro-Creation. (“Be fruitful and multiply”)
1- Sex is God’s idea!!! Not dirty, it is the first “sport” in the Bible!!! (Gen. 26:6-9 “Issac & Rebekah)
2- God is looking for “godly seed” (Mal. 2
You ask, “Why?” It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant. 15 Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth. 16 “I hate divorce,” says the LORD God… Mal. 2:14-16a (NIV)
3- Marriage is designed to raise “godly” children!!!! (Duet. 11:18-21)
4- Your relationship is a “model” for your children to follow.
4- Marriage is also God’s Plan for the Fulfillment of Phys. Desires.
Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. 2 But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfil his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Cor. 7:1-5 (NIV)
1- For enjoyment! (“Sex = misdemeanor. The more I miss the meaner I get!”)
2- Teach your children right!!!! SEX IS NOT BAD = GOOD – but it destroys w/o commitment!
5- Marriage Serves as a Protector.
1- Society: Societal morality – Honorable situation for a man and woman to live together.
2. Is America more or less moral than it was say, 50 years ago? Why? FAMILY DESTROYED!
2- Women are the “weaker vessel” – men used to protect!
1. Equal in Christ. “one new man” Gal. 3:28
1. God’s plan will work for you. Learn it, commit to it and live by it.
2. The reward for keeping and breaking this covenant is the same today as them!
3. The law of sowing and reaping is still in effect!!!