Summary: To intervene, one must intercept. This is what God has promised us this year, He will intercept the devilish attacks in order to bring a divine intervention in your life in Jesus name, Amen.
TEXT: ZEPHENIAH 3:17-20
“Jehovah thy God is in the midst of thee, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love; he will joy over thee with singing. I will gather them that sorrow for the solemn assembly, who were of thee; to whom the burden upon her was a reproach. Behold, at that time I will deal with all them that afflict thee; and I will save that which is lame, and gather that which was driven away; and I will make them a praise and a name, whose shame hath been in all the earth. At that time will I bring you in, and at that time will I gather you; for I will make you a name and a praise among all the peoples of the earth, when I bring back your captivity before your eyes, saith Jehovah.”
To intervene means to come between persons or things or events. Then to intercept means to stop, deflect or divert something in progress. To intervene, one must intercept. This is what God has promised us this year, He will intercept the devilish attacks in order to bring a divine intervention in your life in Jesus name, Amen.
WHEN WE NEED DIVINE INTERVENTION
1. Situations when no one wants to help – Psalm 27:10 “When my father and my mother forsake me, Then Jehovah will take me up.”
2. Situations when those those want to help eventually fail – Matthew 17:14-18. The disciples of Jesus failed to heal the man and Jesus Christ intervened.
3. Situations when it is beyond the ability of man – Isaiah 43:2 “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”
4. When hardwork and ideas can no longer solve financial problems in the family – Luke 5:1-11
5. When it seems like the waiting period has no expiry date and when someone maybe lacking in the midst of plenty
6. When the heat of life is so much to bear – Daniel 3:19” Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace seven times more than it was wont to be heated.”, 25” He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the aspect of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”, 27” And the satraps, the deputies, and the governors, and the kings counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, that the fire had no power upon their bodies, nor was the hair of their head singed, neither were their hosen changed, nor had the smell of fire passed on them.”
We must know that fire does not burn fire, when the fourth man – Jesus Christ is in the fire with you. The fire that the enemy meant to destroy you will announce you to your place of prominence. What you are going through will not be traceable in your life when God intervenes in that matter; He made the Hebrews guys to come out from the fire without a smell of smoke on them.
PROVOKING DIVINE INTERVENTION
1. You must be born again: having the seed of Christ in you make you to become a legitimate candidate of miracles. Surrender to God absolutely.
2. Make no room for compromise: Esther 3:3-4 “Then the kings servants, that were in the kings gate, said unto Mordecai, Why transgressest thou the kings commandment?” Now it came to pass, when they spake daily unto him, and he hearkened not unto them, that they told Haman, to see whether Mordecai’s matters would stand: for he had told them that he was a Jew.” The only offense that Mordecai committed was that he refused to worship man.
3. Quit the company of self pity: 2 Kings 7:3-4 “Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?” Decide to live successfully. Show your decision in your actions.
PRAYERS FOR DIVINE INTERVENTION
1. Oh God, set an endless darkness upon the meeting venues of my enemies – Psalm 69:23 “Let their eyes be darkened, so that they cannot see; And make their loins continually to shake.”
2. Let the appearances of three evils/witches attacking my testimonies end by fire in Jesus name – 2 Chronicles 20:1 “And it came to pass after this, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them some of the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle”