Summary: Do we really want to have a pure relationship with Him or do we want a relationship with Jesus only because of the things we get can out of it.
Do we Agape Him?
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. [KJV]
o Why did God use this metaphor?
God is longing for a deep love and intimacy with the church. Just like a husband and a wife are to be “in one flesh” God desire that the church be one with Him as well.
1 Cor. 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
o God desires a relationship with mankind.
o 1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives or the brethren. [KJV]
o He went through all the sufferings just the have a relationship with mankind.
o Expound on the word AGAPE
AGAPE – UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, HIGHEST FROM OF LOVE – IT IS DIVINE!
I have hear great preachers expound on the word “the love of God” or “AGAPE-LOVE”
o GOD DESIRE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH US THAT HE PURCHASED US WITH HIS BLOOD.
o BUT FOR A MARRIAGE TO WORK OUT, IT INVOLVES TWO PERSONS NOT JUST ONE.
o GOD DESIRES US TO LOVE HIM TOO.
o IS THIS BIBLICAL?
Mark 12:29-30 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
o The word love here is agapao, Agape came from this word, which has the same meaning.
o God’s eternal purpose is to bring into existence a group of people who have willingly chosen to love God and serve Him in holiness, and have a fellowship, friendship and love relationship with Him.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
• I John 4:19 “We love him, because he first loved us” It is only as we realize how much God loves us that we will truly love Him.
2. DO WE REALLY LOVE HIM?
Too often we treat God for our self-fish purpose.
• A lot of people say they love God, but this love is based on what He can do for them: He makes them happy; He gives them peace; He supplies all their needs; therefore they love Him. But if there is a condition to this love, it is basically self- orientated. Since it is entirely self-oriented , in actuality it is not love at all. It is simply an affection for the One who can pour forth blessing, not because of who He is, but because of the blessing. It is a love for the blessing, not the one who blesses. This motive is revealed when blessings are suddenly withheld or delayed. If our motives are pure, we will love God just as much in the hard times as we do in the times of blessing.
• Let me us you one question do you really agape Him.
• Many times I find myself loving him with a condition.
o We give tithes as premiums for insurance for protection. (with a condition)
o We pray (with a condition)
o We serve in the ministry (with a condition)
o We come to cell (with a condition)
• Isn’t sad if your wife married you only for your money.
• Expound on Job
• Job 1:20-22 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. 21And he said: "Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD." 22In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong. [NKJV]
• Until we have Job attitude then we can say we really love God.
• Children of God let’s not loose focus on God eternal purpose.
• Man’s agape-love for God is at best only a response to God’s agape love for man, a love that was manifested once for all at Calvary. Jesus Himself said, “ If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15). We are not obedient in order the win His love; we are obedient as a demonstration of His love..and our love for Him.