Summary: Do you believe the Gospel enough to live it, and share it?
Introduction: The Gospel is the death burial and resurrection of Jesus; its purpose is to bring the world to Christ. The Provider of the Gospel is God, and its commission has been given to the saved! Do you believe the Gospel enough to live it, and share it?
I. The Foundation of the Gospel- vs. 1-2
A. The Revelation of God to Man - manifested - vs. 2
B. The Reality of God - vs. 2
1. The Trinity, Ephesians
a. The Baptism of Jesus - Luke 3:21-22
b. The Instruction of Jesus - Mt. 28:19
c. The Promise of the Spirit’s coming - John 14:16
d. Paul’s Closing to 2 Cor. - 2Co 13:14
e. John’s Words - (KJV) - 1Jo 5:7, Ge 1:26
2. The Truth, John 1:1-4
C. The Receiving of God
1. A Genuine Belief
2. A Genuine Birth
II. The Fellowship of the Gospel - vs. 3-6
A. The Membership of Our Fellowship - vs. 3-4
1. A Joining with God - vs. 3, 1Co 1:30, 1Co 3:11 2. The Joy of His goodness - vs. 4, Eph 3:19
B. The Message of Our Fellowship - vs. 5, 1Jo 2:8
1. Light Reveals
2. Light Guides
3. Light causes things to grow
4. Light settles fears
C. The Manifestation of Our Fellowship - vs. 6-7
1. Identified by our Walk
2. Identified by our Union
D. The Maintenance of Our Fellowship - vs. 7, Ac 1:14, Ac 2:46, Ac 5:42, Ac 16:16, Ac 20:7, 1Co 5:4, 1Co 11:17, 1Co 11:20, 1Co 16:2, Heb 10:25
III. The Forgiveness of the Gospel - vs. 8-10
A. The Reality - all are sinners- vs. 8, 10, 1Jo 2:1
B. The Repentance
1. To Acknowledge the Transgression - Ps 32:5
2. To Agree with God - Ps 51:3
3. To be assured in His Promises (Faith), Pr 28:13
C. The Remittance
1. Satisfaction of Forgiveness is the Faithfulness of God
2. Security of Forgiveness is by the Justness of God
3. Scope of Forgiveness is the Cleansing of God
• Do we believe all are sinners and in need of a Saviour?
• Do we believe that all of us need forgiveness, on a continual basis?
• Then what are we doing to be a part of the Gospel?
Disclaimer: A man once told me that if it is true, it is not new. If it is new, it is not true. We all know there is nothing new under the sun. With that said, I glean ideas for my sermons from God’s Word, my own thoughts and work, and many other sources. Any similarity to my sermons and others, where credit is not given, is either coincidental, or an unintentional mistake on my part. As none of us have a corner on the wisdom and teaching of God’s Word, it is my desire that any of my outlines be an encouragement, a help, and hopefully a motivation for others to preach God’s Word clearly. Please feel free to use any portion of my sermons if they can be of help to you and your ministry. I purposely include a skeleton outline, and not my full text, for this purpose. It is all for His Glory.