Summary: The Lord wants us to do what we can and He will do the rest. When we do what is possible then God will do the impossible. When we give what we have then God can use it to perform miracles. The Lord does not ask to do what we cannot do .
DO WHAT YOU CAN AND GOD WILL DO THE REST : DO WHAT IS POSSIBLE AND GOD WILL DO WHAT IS IMPOSSIBLE
THEY DID WHAT THEY COULD - EXAMPLES FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
1. MARY OF BETHANY POURED PRECIOUS OINTMENT ON JESUS . JESUS COMMENDED HER AND SAID SHE DID WHAT SHE COULD AND THAT IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED
2. FRIENDS OF THE PARALYTIC MAN CARRIED HIM TO JESUS TO BE HEALED. JESUS SAW THEIR FAITH AND HEALED THE PARALYTIC MAN
3. THE LITTLE BOY GAVE HIS FIVE LOAVES AND TWO FISHES WHICH JESUS MULTIPLIED TO FEED THE FIVE THOUSAND
4. THE WIDOW WHO GAVE TWO MITES AND WAS PRAISED BY JESUS THAT SHE GAVE MORE THAN ALL THE RICH PEOPLE
5. PETER LENT HIS BOAT TO JESUS AND WAS BLESSED WITH AN ABUNDANT CATCH OF FISH
6. THE PEOPLE WHO ROLLED AWAY THE STONE AT THE TOMB OF LAZARUS DID WHAT THEY COULD AND THEN JESUS RAISED LAZARUS FROM THE DEAD
7. PETER AND JOHN DID NOT HAVE SILVER AND GOLD . BUT THEY USED THEIR SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY TO HEAL THE LAME MAN
EXAMPLES FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT
1. MOSES : GOD ASKED HIM WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR HAND . GOD USED THE ROD IN THE HAND OF MOSES AS A MIRACULOUS SIGN TO MAKE THE PEOPLE BELIEVE
2. AARON AND HUR UPHELD THE HANDS OF MOSES WHEN HE WAS WEARY AND HELPED THE ISRAELITES TO WIN THE BATTLE
3. THE FATHER IN LAW OF MOSES GAVE VALUABLE ADVICE WHICH GREATLY ENHANCED THE LEADERSHIP ABILITY OF MOSES
4. GIDEON : GOD TOLD GIDEON ’GO IN THE STRENGTH YOU HAVE AND YOU WILL DEFEAT THE MIDIANITES’
5. DAVID DEFEATED GOLIATH WITH A SLING AND A STONE IN HIS HAND. HE DID NOT NEED TO USE THE UNFAMILIAR ARMOUR OF THE SOLDIER
6. THE WIDOW OF ZAREPHATH FED ELIJAH WITH THE LITTLE FLOUR AND OIL THAT SHE HAD. SHE THEREFORE RECEIVED DIVINE PROVISION TILL THE END OF THE FAMINE
7. THE LITTLE SLAVE GIRL TOLD HOW NAAMAN COULD BE HEALED OF LEPROSY. SHE DID WHAT SHE COULD AND NAAMAN WAS HEALED OF LEPROSY.
The Lord wants us to do what we can and He will do the rest. When we do what is possible then God will do the impossible. When we give what we have then God
can use it to perform miracles. The Lord does not ask to do what we cannot do . He does not ask us to give what we do not have . He is not putting
unreasonable pressure on us to do what is beyond our ability to do. He only wants us to faithful to do what we can do and give what we can give and He will
be faithful to bless us abundantly.
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.
Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you"-- when you already have it with you.
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?