Summary: Exhortation to the take the gospel to the next generation.
A. Do you know what time it is?
B. After doing a word study, I wrote this
"Be aware of the circumstances around you and
live for God. Don't be void in understanding,
but with open eyes, realize what is going on.
Make the most of the opportunity before you.
We are living in wicked times. Because of the
times in which we live, don't take lightly
God's call on you. Allow Him to accomplish His
purpose through your life."
C. There are many things we know as Bible
1. The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of
2. God is the Creator;
3. Jesus is the virgin born Son of God;
4. Salvation is wholly by grace through faith
without human works or merit;
5. The NT Church is local, has been specially
called, equipped, and authorized to be
engaged in the redemptive purpose of God
throughout the world;
6. The child of God is eternally secure in
7. Jesus is coming again...soon!
D. There are many things we know; but do we know
what time it is? Do we understand that the
4:3); that time is coming to an end (Luke
21:28); that the time for the ultimate
E. It is wrong to think there is plenty of time.
In fact, it is more biblical to assume there
is little time.
1. Time (Greek, "kairos") - a fixed time or
a. characteristics of a particular time in
b. in the midst of chonological time there
are opportunities that must be taken
2. Time is under the providential control and
care of God.
3. God is fulfilling history according to His
purpose and plan.
4. We may well be living at the most exciting
time of the history of the church age.
5. History is headed for its proper
conclusion in Christ.
6. Chronology we leave to God; however, the
Lord expects us to step into the
opportunities before us for advancing the
cause of Christ in this world.
an evaluation the the way things are today. We
must evaluate our ministry, our mission
efforts, and our methods. Time is of the
essence! Redeem the time!
G. Using this text as a basis of evaluation,
let's realize three things:
I. TIMES ARE CHANGING
A. Change is inevitable. Change is reality.
1. You don't have to like it, or
necessarily embrace it with open arms.
2. "For the sake of your church, your
ministry and the cause of Christ, you
must confront change; and do so in an
intelligent, strategic and intentional
way" (George Barna).
3. Change is not an illusion. It will not
simply go away if we ignore it.
4. Though these changes strike many of us
hard, recognize that with them come new
and exciting opportunities to preach
Jesus, and advance the mission work of
B. The changes occurring in our society are
1. Most everyone agrees that we are living
at a turning point in history.
2. The world in which the Lord's churches
live and work today is fundamentally
different from the world a generation
3. Surveys indicate that the culture in
America is redefining itself every five
years (Source: George Barna, The Second