Summary: Being totally committed to God
Title: Does God Have You, Now
Intro: The other day I was coming back from hospital visits and passed by where a wreck had happened sometime ago on Double Oak Mountain. Graffiti had been sprayed on the wall and said “God has you now” As I drove I began to ponder this one sentence that God has you now. I wondered if God had the person before the wreck or not? I begin to think that if God has us then it will be seen you cannot hide a life that is daily filled with the power of God.
I. When God Has You He Has Your Worship
1. Why do we worship Him
A. We were made to worship Him
B. He is worthy
- Worship means Worth – ship
- Worship is the expression of tribute to God’s worth
C. He is to be glorified
D. If we don’t
E. It is what heaven is all about
- Not streets of gold
- Not mansions
- Not walls of Jasper
- It is about casting our crowns at His feet; falling on our faces and crying out Holy is the Lord God Almighty
2. What happens when we Worship Him
A. Our strength is renewed
- For the battle
- To keep own when you feel like quitting
- Replaces the joy
ILL. Man wanted to sell house hired real estate agent to make up ad heard add said “I don’t think I want to sell that house it sounds like what I’ve been looking for.”
- It brings calm in times of trouble
- It is contagious
B. Worship brings the presence of God and sends the enemy fleeing.
ILL. David playing for Saul.
- Satan does not want to be in the presence of worship unto God
- It is how we can overcome temptation
Psalms 1:3 (quickview)  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
II. When God Has You He Has Your Service
1. It is time to go to work
ILL. Big Sam says quiting time
2. Many have said that God just doesn’t need me
- No Billy Graham
- No Billy Sunday
- No D.L. Moody
David was the youngest of Jessie’s house. His father did not see a king, His brothers did not see a king, Samuel did not see a king, But God saw a king.