Summary: The Devil wants to sift God out of your life.
Don’t let the devil sift you
Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
Satan is seeking to sift you of your witness, worship and work for Christ in the following ways.
1. Your speech : Matt:26:73 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
A. The words we say judges our mind.
B. The way we say them judges our heart.
C. To whom they are said judges our intentions.
2. He stayed behind. Matt:26:58 But Peter followed him afar off unto the high priest’s palace, and went in, and sat with the servants, to see the end.
A. Serve God when it is convenient and not when it cost you.
B. When complimented and not when you are criticized.
C. Serve God for a crown not when you are being crucified.
3. He stood at the door. John 18: 16 But Peter stood at the door without. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter.
A. Hinders people from going in and coming out
B. Hurts the watching and waiting to see Jesus
C Halts short of duty.
4.He stood with them John 18:18 And the servants and officers stood there, who had made a fire of coals; for it was cold: and they warmed themselves: and Peter stood with them, and warmed himself.
A. When you get to close to them
B. They will change you instead of you changing them.
C. Watch where you stand and whom you stand with.
5.He stood and warmed John 18; 25And Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. They said therefore unto him, Art not thou also one of his disciples? He denied it, and said, I am not.
A. He will strip you of your courage
B. It’s easy to deny the Lord in the Devils camp
C. Excuses will come fast and easy
6. He stared at Jesus Luke 22: 61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
A. Remember his big brag
B. Realized the Lords words
C. Repented of his failures.
7. He stated “Lord I Love You” John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
A. Lord I love more than material possessions
B. Lord I love you more than moral pleasures
C. Lord I love you more than mental persuasion.