There are a lot of things that are overlooked today. You may overlook the water bill, paper bill, car note, light bill, birthdays, anniversaries, etc., but those can be made up, out text deals with the nation of Israel, (God's chosen people) and their negligence of God's salvation. We read that everything is going good and they have forgotten God and His salvation. Israel eventually rejects Jesus and have now af-forded us the opportunity to receive salvation. But it must not be overlooked. We must receive God's salvation through Jesus. (Mt. 1:21; Acts 4:12) If someone overlooks or sees it as unimportant then that person will spend eternity in hell. Don't overlook the fact that:
1. SINS HAVE SEPERATED YOU FROM GOD (Is. 59:2) "But your iniqui-ties have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
2. ALL MEN ARE SINNERS- (Romans 3:23; 5:12) "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" / "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
3. LOST- (Luke 19:10; John 17:12; 18:9) "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
4. VICTORY OVER DEATH AND THE GRAVE ARE DELAYED- (1 Cor. 15:51-58)
5. ATONEMENT HAS BEEN MADE- (Heb. 9:26) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he ap-peared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. Put away our sins, don't overlook it.
6. TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE- (James 4:14-15) "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."
7. IF- (1 John 1:8-9) "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
8. ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE YOU- (Mt. 1:21; Acts 4:12) "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
9. NOW IS THE TIME- (2 Cor. 6:2) "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; be-hold, now is the day of salvation."