Summary: Yield to the Holy Spirit…not peer pressure
If your friends were worshipping a golden cow, would you?
Fear causes us to bow to peer pressure, but what are we afraid of?
• Not being cool?
• Not being happy?
• Losing your friends?
Because they didn’t ‘feel’ God, they looked for an alternative
The people began to give what they had to build their idol?
• Where do you put your time, talents, or treasure?
• They had already broken one commandment…sin begins to pile up
This is YOUR god!! WHAT?? This is YOUR god!!
Is this…your god? LUST MONEY POPULARITY YOUR BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND
WHEN Aaron turned from God he began to do the things everyone else was doing.
• God noticed…and He does care.
• What makes you think He doesn’t care? Think maybe someone is talking to God on your behalf?
There is always someone who cares.
• Moses changed Gods mind this time… would you be this fortunate again?
• Our parents and leaders may seem a little extreme sometimes but it is because it hurts them so bad to see you destroy yourself and your relationship with God
• Aaron said ”out came this calf”…like it was an accident
Don’t be like Aaron…own up to what you have done. God knows anyway.
• My circumstances made me do it
• My friends influenced me
• The pressure was too hard
• Weigh the consequences of your sin …is it worth it?
• God forgives…but we still reap what we have sown….
Which character in this sermon do you most resemble?
• Moses…righteous before God
• Aaron…righteous before God then decided to follow the crowd
• The Crowd…never really had a relationship with God