Summary: The third of a 3 part series "What Can I Learn From A Reject?"
As is the case with all my messages, I am glad to provide my Power Point slides so you can use them as a help for your own.
The Salvation Army Herkimer, NY
Luke 17:11-19 (quickview)  As Jesus continued on toward Jerusalem, he reached the border between Galilee and Samaria. 12 As he entered a village there, ten lepers stood at a distance, 13 crying out, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” 14 He looked at them and said, “Go show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, their leprosy disappeared. 15 One of them, when he saw that he was healed, came back to Jesus, shouting, “Praise God, I’m healed!” 16 He fell face down on the ground at Jesus’ feet, thanking him for what he had done. This man was a Samaritan. 17 Jesus asked, “Didn’t I heal ten men? Where are the other nine? 18 Does only this foreigner return to give glory to God?” 19 And Jesus said to the man, “Stand up and go. Your faith has made you well.”
Holy Bible, New Living Translation, (Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.) 1996.
What Can I Learn From A Reject? (Part 3)
• ½ $ ? #1
• ½ $ ? #2
• Today .. “Double Whammy!”
(I used photos of actual leprosy patients here)
• What is it?
– AIDS like?
– Highly contagious?
– Always fatal?
– Loved ones
• Reject (Outcast) Poster Boy!
• When the “Righteous, God-fearing Jews” wouldn’t listen to Jesus, who did He talk to?
– A reject Samaritan adultress
• When the ‘minister & church worker” walked by (avoided) the wounded man, who helped him?
– A reject Samaritan
• When Jesus healed 10 people of the worst disease known to man, who came back to thank Him?
– A reject Samaritan
• Verse 12
– Why did they call from a distance?
• Verse 14
– Jesus respected laws
• Complicated (sacrifice, ritual bathing,etc)
• Do we?
• Verse 16
– Samaritan humbled himself
– True thanksgiving involves humbling ourselves
• Hard in a culture where it is seen as weakness!
• Verse 19
– His faith healed him!
• Count Your Blessings!
– No matter ..
• $$ trouble?
• Housing problems?
• Relationship difficulties?
• To be truly thankful we must be humble
– Rings hollow to praise God for His blessings then brag about how we did ……
• My Tribute